The last Wineberry mirror covers in existence?

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
Just to do a little follow up...

I just received my rigth miror cover today, from Hans Motor Parts, in Netherlands.

It was ordered on july 27th. Shipped about two days latter. It took a few more days to arrive in canada, then about a week to clear the customs. No extra fees. All OK.
20220809_165535.jpg
The color is a perfect match, all shiny and seems to be a genuine part, with honda stickers on the wraping, writings and logos on the part. The colour match is even better that the old one.
20220809_165501.jpg

20220809_165614.jpg
I also ordered that little spacer.

For the engine guard cover... it is not the same grey at all.
20220809_165703.jpg
Maybe there is two different shades of grey and I didn't pay enough attention while ordering ?
So I wont install this one, won't return it. I will glue the old one.

So yep... two thumbs up for Hans motor parts.
When I ordered my miror cover, I saw that they still had a couple more, of different colour code.
I found on another site all the exact color code for the various country and model year. Mine (Canada, 2000, wineberry ) was code R114C-U.

Last edited:

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Last edited:
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
Well Good - the tip over cover is easy to fix - get this paint and just spray it -

This a perfect match for the dark ST1100 grey.
Wouah ! Thanks for that tip, Phil ! :hat3:

$35 USD. o_O OK.... Ordered...

My miror (not the cover) was ordered from CMS. It was at my doorstep 3 or 4 days latter, via fedex. So... if possible, order you cover from Hans and cancel CMS.

I'm still waiting for $ 400 of parts (coolant hoses, seals, o-rings, clamps, etc) from Partzilla. Yeah, their site was saying in stock... but they meant "we will probably be re-stocked soon".

Last edited:

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I'm still waiting for $ 400 of parts (coolant hoses, seals, o-rings, clamps, etc) from Partzilla. Yeah, their site was saying in stock... but they meant "we will probably be re-stocked soon".
I just ordered from Partzilla for the first time, and my experience was that they were not very quick either Christian.

It took 10 days to get the parts. Despite stating that all orders ship within 24 hours, it was only the shipping label that was created within 24 hours. The order didn't actually ship for four days even though everything that I ordered was in stock. With the addition of the shipping charge and the currency exchange, it would have been cheaper to order from the local Honda dealer, at least for these parts.

I realize that this is only one instance, and that this may not be the case for all orders. I also am fortunate that I still have a local Honda dealer close enough to go to. However, in this case there was no benefit to me ordering on-line to motivate me to do it again. It was actually more work for me. When I order from the Honda dealer, they do all of the work for me, including looking up the part numbers, I just tell them what I want and they take care of everything involved.

As it was no cheaper, and it is easier for me to order from them than to order on-line, I think that I will continue to order parts from the Honda dealer until that changes.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
As it was no cheaper, and it is easier for me to order from them than to order on-line, I think that I will continue to order parts from the Honda dealer until that changes.
I just did the math and was surprised at the result.
On a $175.13 USD order, it cost me $85.00 CDN more to order these parts from Partzilla than from my local Honda dealer. Even if I had ordered enough to get free shipping from Partzilla, it would still have been more expensive.

With taxes, the total came to $230.81 CDN ordering rom Partzilla. If I had purchased these parts from the local Honda dealer it would have come to $145.00 CDN all included, and that is calculated at full MSRP from the Honda dealer, which I often don't pay.

It was an expensive experiment. I will continue to get my parts from my local Honda dealer.

Last edited:

Smudgemo

Intermodal Man of Mystery
Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
I need to paint mine before I use them, but I keep thinking if I stick with the repaired mirror covers, I'll never drop it again.
Sorry for any issues with CMSNL. I've only had one issue not getting a part listed as in stock that I was pretty sure they didn't actually have for my '78 CB550. I ordered covers and the signal housing and they showed up the following week.

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
I just did the math and was surprised at the result.
[ snip]
With taxes, the total came to $230.81 CDN ordering rom Partzilla. If I had purchased these parts from the local Honda dealer it would have come to $145.00 CDN all included, and that is calculated at full MSRP from the Honda dealer, which I often don't pay.
Interesting Andrew.
Of course, buying from the dealer, you already save the shipping, and the custom fees.
But, for those having the older ST1100, parts are not in stock and have to be ordered by the dealer, if they are still available from Honda.

Last year, when I said to my dealer that I might have to order parts for my aging ST1100 someday, he told me : just find me the part numbers you need, from sites like partzilla, and I can order them for you.

But, I never realised it could be up to 37% more expensive buying from partzilla than from the local dealer.

( 37% : If 230.81 is 100%, then 145 is 62.8%, let's round it to 63. Then, 100 - 63 = 37 % )

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Of course, buying from the dealer, you already save the shipping, and the custom fees.
No customs fees were charged.
I only had to pay the taxes. I have to pay the taxes when I buy from the Honda dealer as well, so no difference there.
I was surprised to find that after the currency exchange, the Partzilla price in CDN dollars averaged out to almost 15% more expensive than from the Honda dealer. That does not include the shipping cost either.
...... if they are still available from Honda.
That is, and increasingly will become, an issue. As Honda stops supplying parts for our aging motorcycles, we will increasingly have no choice but to go to on-line sellers who have stock remaining.

The lesson that I take away from this is that as long as Honda is still supplying parts, compare pricing before ordering on-line.
Last year, when I said to my dealer that I might have to order parts for my aging ST1100 someday, he told me : just find me the part numbers you need, from sites like partzilla, and I can order them for you.
If that is what he told you, that he is to lazy to look up the part numbers for you, that is unacceptable. I think that you need to find another Honda dealer to give your money to.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Interesting Andrew.
But, for those having the older ST1100, parts are not in stock and have to be ordered by the dealer, if they are still available from Honda.

But, I never realised it could be up to 37% more expensive buying from partzilla than from the local dealer.

( 37% : If 230.81 is 100%, then 145 is 62.8%, let's round it to 63. Then, 100 - 63 = 37 % )
Just pay attention to the exchange rate. That is where you get screwed on pricing between the two countries. It doesn't pay to order from the USA unless the exchange rate is at least at .80 to .85 cents CDN to a US$. Then still, customs can be finicky on when they decide to charge the tax. Usually, I have gotten away scot free on a smaller order, which also avoids the $10.00 the post office tacks on for handling the collection of that fee at your door.

If we had par dollars, the USA is definitely cheaper to order from, taxes included, but don't hold your breath on that.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
If we had par dollars, the USA is definitely cheaper to order from, taxes included, but don't hold your breath on that.
After paying the current exchange rate to convert the US price to CDN dollars, the retail price of some of the items was less at my local Honda dealer than the Partzilla price. That is the price before shipping charges. If the two dollars were at par, the Partzilla price would be significantly higher.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
If the two dollars were at par, the Partzilla price would be significantly higher.

I don't think so, I was ordering from Partzilla in those long ago days when our dollar was a lot higher. Actually, looking at a 10 year exchange rate history, it was actually over par with the USA, at $1.03 in August of 2012! The prices hadn't changed at Partzilla, still the same and I remember saving quite a bit on an order then, all other costs included.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I don't think so, I was ordering from Partzilla in those long ago days when our dollar was a lot higher. Actually, looking at a 10 year exchange rate history, it was actually over par with the USA, at $1.03 in August of 2012! The prices hadn't changed at Partzilla, still the same and I remember saving quite a bit on an order then, all other costs included.
Nothing to do with Partzilla's prices changing. The current prices are lower in Canada for much of what I ordered- see below. If the two dollars were at par, the relative difference between the price in the US and in Canada would be even greater than it is now because the Canadian price would be even lower, not because Partzilla would increase their price.

To oversimplify, if the CDN dollar was on par with the USD right now, it would cost Honda Canada less for the parts that they order from Honda Japan because they are purchased in USD.
Lower Honda Canada cost results in a lower Canadian retail price, making the difference even greater, just as higher Honda Canada cost due to a weak CDN dollar increases the retail price.

Below is a current Partzilla shopping cart and price list as of a few minutes ago.

1660446890714.jpeg

Below is a current shopping cart and price list for the very same parts from my local Honda dealer. Again, this list was done only a few moments ago.

1660446958119.jpeg

The credit card company charged me an exchange rate of 1.317932, so each US dollar spent cost me 1.31792 CDN.
Take all of the Partzilla prices listed above, convert them to CDN dollars using the exchange rate that I was charged and you get the below.
Partzilla's prices are higher for 3 of these 4 items after the currency exchange. For this order I would have paid $8.91 less buying these parts from my local Honda dealer in Canada even though the conversion cost me an additional 32 cents on each dollar spent. That does not include the additional $54.02 ($40.99 USD) that was added for shipping charges that I do not have to pay when I order from the Honda dealer.

ItemPartzilla PricePartzilla Price in CDNLocal Honda Dealer PricePrice Difference
P/NUSD EAConverted at 1.31792EA CDN
15410-MFJ-D02 FILTER
19.44​
25.62​
17.63​
-7.99​
22885-MB0-006 BUSH
12.15​
16.01​
14.01​
-2.00​
45504-410-003 BOOT
11.41​
15.04​
14.39​
-0.65​
53178-MCS-305 LEVER
24.52​
32.32​
34.05​
1.73​
TTL
67.52​
88.99​
80.08​
-8.91​

Last edited:
Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
OooooKayyy - I didn't take the time to wade through that elaborate clarification of your previous post, but thanks anyway.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
OooooKayyy - I didn't take the time to wade through that elaborate clarification of your previous post, but thanks anyway.
My earlier simple answer did not provide any details. That seemed unsatisfactory to you as you took the time to dispute it. Making the effort to dispute it led me to assume that you wanted further explanatory details. So, I provided the actual pricing from both suppliers to illustrate the difference between the two.
It easily takes less than one minute to read it, hardly a significant consumption of time, but if a person is not interested I get it.

In the future I will know not to make the assumption that you want explanatory details, as I will know that you prefer that I don't make the effort to provide them.
All good Forest, easier for both of us.

Top Bottom