The Sports Car Thread...

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
Yeah, there are a few v8 swaps, the engine they use is apparently similar weight as the oem 2.0L 4 cylinder that comes in the car.

It's cool but kinda defeats the whole 'more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow' saying.

There are many that go with a Turbo or supercharger add-on or preferred 2.5 L engine swap to get anywhere from 200hp to over 300hp. If my engine ever fails for some reason I may go for a 2.5L swap but not sure... those that do, love it and can't believe the power.. and it's fairly affordable at around 4k installed. Many of those guys also use the car as a track or autocross car.
An eon ago I worked at a Mazda dealer. 1st gen Miata's with the cheap economy tires were the most fun. On tight backroads, it was easy to make them drift all over the place with cheap, greasy rubber. Fast? Nope, but wonderfully balanced fun that can be had at @30mph.

RT

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Having cut my driving teeth in a 1968 MG roadster the appeal of the NAs and NBs to me is Japanese reliability in a good handling light car. With my 150 lbs in the driver's seat the car is so balanced it seems like it rotates around the shift knob, and yes, I've rotated it around the shift knob a few times.
Rotated around which axis Dave? :oops:

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I recently added an android head unit in place of the oem Bose head unit. Also got a bluetooth ODBC dongle and the Torque Pro app loaded on the head unit to communicate with it. It's amazing the information you can get from that stuff. And, it's all customizable, I'm only showing one of I think 6 screens and you can change dials to digital gauges or charts and also colors and tons of stuff I've just barely scratched the surface with.

IMG_20200823_092052.jpg

IMG_20200826_114403(1).jpg

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I thought they work better when painted red.

Nice car
I actually had yellow in my hands but just couldn't do it... I thought about red but the bright red on a red car where the red isn't the same color just looks odd to me... so to be safe, black or silver were my 'safe' options... lol and yes, they really work better after the refresh... lol

v8-7

Site Supporter
Found this in Montana and went back and bought it. 1970 Datsun 1600 Roadster.
Very nice ! my 1st car was a 64 Fair Lady with the sideways seat in the back..

Hated to sell it but was going into the military and had to let it go..
Made a profit on it though ..

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Very nice ! my 1st car was a 64 Fair Lady with the sideways seat in the back..

Hated to sell it but was going into the military and had to let it go..
Made a profit on it though ..
The last episode of wheelers dealers were working on one.

Top Bottom