Tire pressure gauges

Well, local shop that installed my new tires said they would do metal valve stems. And then they didn't. They are extremely busy, I get that. But now I have to wait until the next tire change for a TPMS.

RT

Well, local shop that installed my new tires said they would do metal valve stems. And then they didn't. They are extremely busy, I get that. But now I have to wait until the next tire change for a TPMS.
I recommend T valves, so you can add air without having to remove and reinstall the sensors.

1596482232888.png

If don't use the 'locking' nuts (which provide a false sense of security), then it's no big deal to remove the sensors.
Perhaps, but that still allows a small amount of leakage with each removal and install.

I do use the nuts since I have the tees, and I'd still rather remove a cap than a sensor.

Some things are just too inelegant looking to make up for the minor benefit they provide. T valves fall in that category for me.

Some things are just too inelegant looking to make up for the minor benefit they provide. T valves fall in that category for me.
Funny. I see them as very elegant and functional. I never put them on my Nighthawk, but want to and will at next tire change.

After 22 years of safety directors beating "pre-trip inspection" into me, I can't head out until I look at the tire pressures. I get paranoid if I don't look, even though my Wing has TPMS built-in.

Damn safety directors... ;):biggrin:
I agree, but with my Fobo TPMS - cell phone reading the same for front and back tires as my bourdon tube gage every time over the course of a riding season, I have come to trust those funny little sending units. Since my Hawkshead unit can take a few hundred feet of revolutions before showing the pressure, I use the tire gage before every ride. Fobo is on my ST; Hawk in my VStrom.

I see them as very elegant and functional.
I see them as very functional but elegant – not so much. I'm a function follows form guy in a great many things. The Ariete valve stems are a balance of elegance and function.

But – having the FOBO TPMS sensors I much prefer the function over form and convenience of the T-valves especially since the newer/current versions are smaller than the previous iteration.

Back
Top Bottom