TJ Higgins - 2022-06-11

tjhiggin

R.I.P. - 2022/06/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
2004 ST1300A
Hello, this is TJ's friend and co-worker. It is with regret that I inform you all that he passed away on the 11th at around 3pm. He hit a deer at around 3pm his bike on I-64. I do not know how this motorcycle forum works, but I wanted to get on here and let his friends know what happened. I'm not sure how much he communicates with specific individuals on here, or if he just posts communally, but I just have to attempt to let any friends he has here know somehow. He loved posting on here, and we would discuss his "Tag Game" adventures often, so it weighs on me to do this. I don't know if friends he has on here may be able to follow all his posts to see this, or if I can find his previous direct messages to people on here somehow. If anyone can give me info on how to figure out who his friends are on here, and/or how to get this message to them I would appreciate it. I feel kind of strange logging into his computer to do this, but I feel like its the right thing to do. I cannot sit and leave long time friends that only knew him here wondering why he disappeared or never spoke to them again. If you know TJ, or if you just feel moved to help me in my task of informing his ST-Owners friends of what happened please get in touch with me here: david@lidarusa.com (Work email), or here davidmckee87@gmail.com (personal email, I check this much less often, so my work email is better). Thank you.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
T.J. and I were planning on going to RockSToc/Newfoundland together.
We'd just talked about getting together for lunch before the trip.
What really saddens me is we were going to get together at NashCat's RTE but I was at Paulcb's funeral (where I needed to be) so I missed my last opportunity to see him.

Last edited:

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I have no words
Prayers to family and friends
I’m sorry for the loss of your friend, as well as ours.
RIP TJ Higgins, may the sun always be on your back, and the wind in your hair.

Bike
Scrambler Ducati
I encountered T.J. often in the tag and a-to-z games. I finally met him at Nashcat's house recently. He recognized my Scrambler when I rode up. We talked a good bit about the games and how we enjoyed them. The tags were particularly fun because you often had to research a location. He looked forward to retiring in a few years and having time to do the games more. A great guy. I will really miss him.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
So very sorry to hear this. Did not know him, but read his posts. Just hate hearing of another one lost.
RIP Sir !

T

Bike
2007 ST1300
OMG -- I saw where he just moved the OH Tag on Friday afternoon ....
My deepest condolences to family and friends.
Gone way too soon.
RIP TJ

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Condolences to TJHiggins family and friends. We never met but TJ and I swapped Florida tags back and forth in recent years. He currently held two of the tags and I could count on him eventually moving any that I posted. Ride on brother.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
R.I.P TJ. I’m glad we finally had a chance to meet last week.

Condolences to the family in this time of grief.

John

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Oh, no, this is heartbreaking! :( :( Another of us gone, far too soon.
Heartfelt condolences to his family, friends and loved ones.
R.I.P, T.J.

Patty

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Agreed, too soon just after paulcb but too soon, on his own.
David McKee, you have absolutely done the right thing, and we all appreciate it, even though it is unwelcome news.
Note to self: give Roz my login for this forum. I am not of such a high level of prescience, that I can predict the time or manner of my own demise.
(Is anybody? No, obviously. )
RIP TJ.
Just dammit, is all.

Josh_ST

I love my 2 wheeled therapy machine!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
2024 Miles
This is devastating to read, I had just replied to his post over the weekend about the OH tag location. RIP TJ.

Josh

Top Bottom