Too Old to go back to an ST1100???

Bike
VFR750F, ST1300
I'm officially an old guy, I suppose. My gym workouts include several exercises I use to help with the weight of our ST's, including my wife on the back and goodies in all three bags. I focus on leg lifts, and do toe lifts on the same machine and same weight. I also use a weighted rowing machine. I feel like those have helped me continue with the ST's. I'll hit 73 next birthday, riding since the late 1950's and have only fallen over due to the side stand on the wet grass. No damage and I was able to right the 1991 by myself.
Exactly! I could barely lift my 500-lb VFR off ground when I got ST1300. First time I dropped it moving around in garage, I had to have my neighbor help me lift it up. After 3-months in gym focusing on lower-body: back lifts (roman chair w/weights), squats, leg lifts, leg presses, calves, I can actually lift ST by myself now. Even when it's perfectly flat on its side. :)

Last edited:
I’ve gone back to old bikes that give me nostalgia. Makes for a truly excellent riding experience. Especially if it’s been a really long time and the memories are special to you.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I’ve gone back to old bikes that give me nostalgia. Makes for a truly excellent riding experience. Especially if it’s been a really long time and the memories are special to you.
Agreed. There's nothing else that sounds quite like a SOHC CB750 that is running well on all four cylinders.

Top Bottom