Trade Your ST1300 For A Harley Ultra?

Follow

TEAM COLORADO
Bike
Two wheels
STOC #
I was told the air cooled HD's were HOT.
Yeah some of them are pretty hot looking bikes....:D
Sorry, thought it was a good answer.:D
Yes some are hot blooded, but a few modifications like oil cooler and tuner helps. However on the open road and the air flowing past that big motor, running at the unmentionable speed, you really do not feel the heat, it's mostly in town and stop and go traffic.
But there is a Harley that is water cooled: the VRod, before marketing was ran through the mills and pushed hard during tests in the desert and passed with flying colors. my :tc1:

I own both and love both, the rides are different but they are different bikes.

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
To each his own, but.....

I've recently ridden a Road King, and it's everything I don't want in a motorcycle. Overweight, ponderous, uncomfortable riding position (I hate the forward mounted controls), limited ground clearance, and under-powered (although with a ton of torque).

If I wanted to move to a big, luxo-class touring bike, I'd look at the Goldwing, or the BMW Light Truck, before I'd consider a Harley.

Two Brothers

Walking, Talking, and Smiling!
I have both and love both. I tour on the Electra Glide and commute on the ST. I believe a bike is a bike. Like them all.

skyboybry

Hi-Hi!
Bike
Sparkles
STOC #
Although I wouldn't trade my ST for it, this looks like a sweet ride...

My GT is air cooled, brakes are horrible, guzzles gas & 2-stroke oil, and wiggles like a stripper with ants in her G-string, and I still love riding it. I don't see the problem some people have with riding other bikes. :shrug2:

The ST is a fine machine, but it ain't the only one!

Bike=good.

sbB

I love all kinds of motorcycles and scooters and harleys are some of the most beautiful out there. It just seems to me that almost every single person that I see on a harley is wearing a harley t-shirt has way too loud pipes and is not wearing a helmet. to each his own but It would seem strange if all of those super cool people all of the sudden started waving back at me. I regret not having the money sooner in life to afford a harley before it became so much of a fad.

STOC #
Part of "performance" (accelerating, turning and braking) is having the potential at your fingertips and toes to skillfully and quickly avoid a hazardous situation on the road. Why would anyone want to trade a bike that does everything as well as an ST for a chrome barge that will limit your options in the event of an emergency...........or just normal riding for that matter.

Jefro

I ride to Sturgis
When HD puts that V-Rod motor in a touring rig, I will definitely go for a test ride!
But I am SO done with air cooled motors. Never again.
Jefro.

Bike
Suzuki m109r
I just traded my Yamaha Venture for an ST. The Yam is the most comfortable bike I ever rode and got all the looks when I took it out for a ride. Did 3,000 miles in four days on it a couple of years ago,no aches or pains. Its a fine bike but I already have a cruiser (M109R) so the ST really appealed to me and I couldn't help myself.

motorcyclelarry

R.I.P. - 2012/09/25
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-1300, GS-120
STOC #
I owned a 2003 Ultra Classic and a 2001 Duece Harley. Both bikes were very well engineered, never had problem one with either. I still regret selling the Deuce. I sold the Ultra and bought a 2005 GL-1800 and sold it a year latter. The Ultra was by far more comfortable from having more room for my 34" legs but the GL was tops in performance and handling.

If I had the room I would buy another softail tomorrow or maybe a Road King. Another thing I miss is the Hog club. No they all don't smoke and drink like fish. I used to bring my younger daughter on events and we both had a great time.
I just got back from Natstoc and noticed many Harley guys wearing full face helmets or 3/4 on the road and honestly, as many waved to me as did GL's and others.

Larry

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
I went today to a demo day at a local dealer. I started with the Buell 1125, a CR If I remember right. Bike ran like a friggin banshee, pulled hard from 4k to redline. Too small and too light a bike for my tastes. Felt like I was going to go over the bars at any time. I went to the other end of the spectrum next and rode the 2009 Ultra Classic. Wind protection was awesome, felt very stable at 90plus. Got me into the triple digits as fast as I wanted to get there. I think I am the heavy stable, well planted bike kind of guy. The Buell felt extremely squirmy over the tar snakes, couldnt feel them at all on the Ultra. I really really liked the Ultra, gotta go try the Gold Wing now. The Ultra was priced at 20k. Can a GW be had for that price?

Top Bottom