Transportation Services

I am looking for information regarding transporting an ST. We are considering purchasing an out of town bike that would need to be shipped (CO to MN). If anyone can recommend a good resource please post. I am also interested in if you had a bad experience with any shippers so they can be avoided. Thanks in advance.

fiziks

I brake things.
Bike
2003 ST1300A
go to ebay motors and look at any motorcycle for sale and click the shipping tab, ebay has four companies listed that ship bikes... UShip, HaulBikes.com, JC Motors and Allied Special products. I have not used any of them and can make no recommendations one way or another. I suggest you hop on google and look for reviews.

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
Perhaps if we knew the where's and whens someone would ride it out to ya for pie and return airfare.....

Never know till ya ask!

Bike
GL1800 2015
I wouldn't trust anyone to ride it!
have heard some bad reports about HaulBikes.com
but haven't dealt with personally...
good luck!

Bike
ST1300
I sold my R1200GS last April (2011) on Ebay. The buyer went with uship. Apparently this is a clearing house where independent shippers bid on posted requests for hauling motorcycles & misc?? The shippers may or may not be bonded or insured, their "haulers" may or may not be up to the task, and the individuals doing the shipping may or may not be very reliable.
The shipper that picked up my Beemer broke down about 25 miles from my house & was unable to deliver the motorcycle. Fortunately, I was able to retrieve it & the buyer & I made arrangements for me to take it to a halfway point, where he picked it up & rode the remainder of the way to his home.
So, . . .be aware of some of these supposed "shipping companies", . . .ask questions, verify insurance etc, . . .before you finalize arrangements & put your trust in them!!

Bike
07 ST1300A
If it were me, I'd borrow/rent a trailer and take a road trip. Probably spend the same amount of money if not less in fees.

Bike
2005 ST1300PA
STOC #
I shipped two bikes from California to Texas using Uship.com. For me it was much cheaper than taking time from work and driving there and back or flying out and riding back.

STOC #
STOC #
Well I used Haulbikes to ship the bike I recently bought from Jason in Sacramento, CA and it is still not here in CT. I realize it's going across the country, buy they picked up the bike on May 15th and it arrived at their warehouse in WI on May 27th and to this day is still sitting there until they can find the time to schedule it in on a truck coming out this way. They told me on Monday that they should be able to give me a better idea of a timeframe by the end of the week. Today is Thursday and I am hoping they stay true to their word and call me tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. It's been with them over a month now.
Brian

skidlid1300

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
Schwinn
FedEx also can ship something as large as a motorcycle no problem. Give them a call and ask about that kind of freight shipping. That would be my first choice.

STOC #
Well I used Haulbikes to ship the bike I recently bought from Jason in Sacramento, CA and it is still not here in CT. I realize it's going across the country, buy they picked up the bike on May 15th and it arrived at their warehouse in WI on May 27th and to this day is still sitting there until they can find the time to schedule it in on a truck coming out this way. They told me on Monday that they should be able to give me a better idea of a timeframe by the end of the week. Today is Thursday and I am hoping they stay true to their word and call me tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. It's been with them over a month now.
Brian
Mine took just over a month too, but that seemed reasonable. It's not like it's going into a Shipping Terminal and getting picked up by the first available truck.

STOC #
OK.. update. Still don't have my bike. They sent me an email early last week telling me that my delivery window would be the 25th thru the 27th and that the driver will call 1 Day before delivery. Never got a call or a delivery so late on the 27th I called them and was told the driver was running behind but was in NJ and had 3 more stops in NJ then 6 stops in CT before he would get here so my new window would be the 28th thru the 30th and again to expect a call the day before delivery. Well today is the 29th and I never got a call today, which tells me that it won't be delivered tomorrow. And for those keeping score, tomorrow is the last day of the new window. and the bike was picked up on may 15th! That's over 6 weeks so far and still no bike.

I will never.... EVER.... use this shipping company again. Haulbikes.com sucks!

JMHO.. you've been warned.

Silver Bullit

Pearl Black
Bike
06 1300..Black
You will read good and bad here. all i can say is you should fly and ride..Its the best way to go...

STOC #
I just gave the poor girl at haul bikes a piece of my mind after I called to find out that my bike is now scheduled to be delivered between July 4th and 6th. This is now my 3rd delivery window. You would think they could at the very least call me to let me know and not wait until I call them all pissed off. What a company.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
That sux Brian... Hope this is the last runaround.

Bike
Suzuki Bandit 250
Sorry for bumping, but I need to ship a bike from Texas to California. What service is the best for this purpose? Any updates here?

Bike
2010 ST1300
Try using the search box in the blue band atop this page. There have been some more recent discussions of shipping a motorcycle, like this one...
Might be some useful info in this thread:
Another:...

And then there is the epic story of @Uncle Phil bringing his bike home from Nova Scotia(?) or Newfoundland(?).

Top Bottom