Triumph Tiger 1050

OP
OP
Ashalina
Carl,

I have felt no vibration at all in the seat. I am not the best person to ask about those things because other than vibes in the hand grips, I tend not to notice. I just drove a YZF600 and did feel vibration in man land but do not notice that on the Tiger at all.

If you make the 4 hour treck up I-87 and across I-90 I would be happy to let you see what you think for nice complete test ride.

I think I mentioned before that the ST seat in the high position seems to be higher than the Tiger normal seat. The Tiger has such a light nimble feel compare to the ST. If I were not able to flat foot or nearly flat foot the ST I would be terrified I would drop the hefty beast. Not so at all with the Tiger.

Bike
BMW RT, DRZ400
STOC #
If you haven't really noticed, it's a total non issue at that point for me as I'm only looking for possibilities of real obnoxious vibration anyway.

Well, I sure thank you for the offer, and if I come to a place where I'm willing to part with the $$ for new again, I may just PM you and do a quick visit just to be sure. I'd try and get a test ride from a dealer first though. This bike seems an excellent, more upright seated, addition to the Garage, so I'll see how I'm feeling about it next year.

Thanks, here's wishing many, many miles of pleasurable riding on it for you :) :) :)

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Thanks for the insights, Ashalina -- especially the questionable value of the "short" seat.

fredz43

Fred Z
STOC #
Ashalina,

I recently test rode a new Tiger at our local dealer and was impressed. He had the optional taller windscreen which worked very well. He said that with the stock shield he felt there was too much helmet buffeting. You might see if they have one to try out. He also put some different bars on. I don't recall the specifics, but believe they were a dirt bike bend that he preferred. Nice that you can change them so easily in any case.

Thanks for your report, I agree that the new Tiger is a great bike and much better than the previous Tiger.

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
East Central Illinois... 12 miles from Moonshine..
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
You mean ACL.

Who is made to sleep in the barn by TLC. :crackup
THE SHOP!!! THE SHOP IS MY PLACE TO SLEEP SOME NIGHTS!!! :crackup

It was a tad tense last night about this time... But,,, TLC came down the stairs and told me quote...

Bikes are your passion... You do not drink,,, you do not smoke,,, you are not having a girlfriend on the side,,, and your a great Dad to the kids... If you want to buy a $4200 bike,,, go ahead... Merry Christmas...
Today??? TLC has been perfect... Happy as a clam...

If,,, I would have said instead of buying a $4200 bike,,, it was going to be a $9,100 bike??? The quote might be,,,

You,,, really are NUTS!!! Sleeping bag is in the shop,,, and lock the door to the house when you go out there tonight...
:rolleyes:

indypup

Accidents HURT! Safety doesn't
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
What I want to know is where did you find a gal like TLC?

OP
OP
Ashalina
Any update? I'm looking at an '07 Tiger at the moment...:D
After the 3rd season with the Tiger it continues to be my favorite bike. I also ride a K1200GT and Multistrada 1100 which are both very good bikes and bring a very close level of satisfaction that the Tiger does, but the Multi and K1200GT are more limited in my view.

The GT is similar to the ST in that it is a lot of bike. Both the ST and GT handle their weight very well but there is no way around the GT/ST being a couple of hundred pounds heavier than the Tiger. Multi is technically in the same category but does have a more sporting feel to it with firmer suspension and seat. The Multi engine is satisfying but the Tiger engine is exciting.

Because there are a few choices of bikes to ride I only have about 9,000 miles on the Tiger but those miles have been trouble free and it always makes me smile.

Great engine with power everywhere, good brakes, comfortable suspension acceptable luggage with stock luggage and just fits me well and rides really nicely. After completing my 3rd season with the Tiger I appreciate it now more than ever. It is the only bike I have ridden that did not make me feel like it was a compromise from a touring, commuting or sporting riding standpoint.

PizzaHog

Still Bikeless, More Pathetic
STOC #
After the 3rd season with the Tiger it continues to be my favorite bike. I also ride a K1200GT and Multistrada 1100 which are both very good bikes and bring a very close level of satisfaction that the Tiger does, but the Multi and K1200GT are more limited in my view.

The GT is similar to the ST in that it is a lot of bike. Both the ST and GT handle their weight very well but there is no way around the GT/ST being a couple of hundred pounds heavier than the Tiger. Multi is technically in the same category but does have a more sporting feel to it with firmer suspension and seat. The Multi engine is satisfying but the Tiger engine is exciting.

Because there are a few choices of bikes to ride I only have about 9,000 miles on the Tiger but those miles have been trouble free and it always makes me smile.

Great engine with power everywhere, good brakes, comfortable suspension acceptable luggage with stock luggage and just fits me well and rides really nicely. After completing my 3rd season with the Tiger I appreciate it now more than ever. It is the only bike I have ridden that did not make me feel like it was a compromise from a touring, commuting or sporting riding standpoint.
*sigh* I was afraid you were going to say that. :cool: We'll just have to see...

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
East Central Illinois... 12 miles from Moonshine..
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
Was I really wrong? Who just bought that Versy, Terry or Cindy? :D

Merry Christmas, Terry, enjoy your new ride.
I bought it since TLC does not have a Motorcycle license,,, yet... ;)

It is in great shape,,, and farkling will start after my Tuscon trip... I will not even order stuff yet...

Why you ask???

I want to be here to hide the UPS Boxes!!! :crackup:nuke1:

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Seems like your first farkling endeavor involves little more than sharp drill bits, nuts and bolts, and one RAM ball. That shouldn't involve much in the way of UPS boxes. You may be able to sleep in the house after all!

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
The Tiger is a bike I would not mind having at all....:D....who knows,,,maybe one day..

Top Bottom