TurboCity Dash Accessory Mount

STOC #
Fred:
Looks like a really nice alternative to a dash shelf. Just make sure that the screws you use are the right length. Too long or too short will not be good. When I mounted my dash shelf I found the right size at Lowes in their speciality fastener drawers.

Tom makes some fine accessories and this looks like another hit.

Neil S.

Bike
2009 VeeStrom
STOC #
Fred,
I have my XM antenna sitting on this shelf, it's perfectly sized.
It takes all of 2 minutes to install, if that.

STOC #
Fred:
Looks like a really nice alternative to a dash shelf. Just make sure that the screws you use are the right length. Too long or too short will not be good. When I mounted my dash shelf I found the right size at Lowes in their speciality fastener drawers.

Tom makes some fine accessories and this looks like another hit.

Neil S.

The right size screws come with it. I've got one and really like it. I've got a camera hanging off one side of it, radar detector on top, and my xm radio bolted onto the front.

OP
OP
Finewest

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
The right size screws come with it. I've got one and really like it. I've got a camera hanging off one side of it, radar detector on top, and my xm radio bolted onto the front.
How did you bolt the XM radio onto the front? Got any pics? Sounds good!

Bike
ST 1300 2004
For Dash shelf try Roy Fletcher work 425-742-5995 home 206-409-6048
orBLM Accessories 425-485-2065

Ken
04 ST1300
79 GS1000S

STOC #
I bent a thin piece of aluminum I got from Lowes and cut to fit. I put velcro on the front of the plate and on the back of the Roady. The plate actually hides a lot of the wires going to the accessories. The bolt sticking up is where I screw my camera/camcorder on videoing rides. It works pretty well.

Attachments

STOC #
Here's another pic before I put the xm radio plate on. I put an extension on the rack to mount my camera on. Again, I bought some aluminum flatbar at Lowe's and cut to length. I bent another smaller piece into a hook and it mounts in the grooves on the front of the dash to support the camera. That extension isn't necessary for just the xm radio mount.

Attachments

maxib

I'm working on it...ok?
I have those on both sides and really like them. They did contact and scratch my windscreen when it was fully down, so I had to alter them with a radius on the outside corner. I used a quarter to trace the radius and a Dremel to cut off the corner. Works fine now.

This post is just to let you know that I like the mount, just be careful when you install. Maybe it's just an ST1300 problem? Or maybe a maxib problem? In any case, I like the product and recommend it.

OP
OP
Finewest

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
I bent a thin piece of aluminum I got from Lowes and cut to fit. I put velcro on the front of the plate and on the back of the Roady. The plate actually hides a lot of the wires going to the accessories. The bolt sticking up is where I screw my camera/camcorder on videoing rides. It works pretty well.
Cool! Great idea! Thanks! :)

Bike
BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Have one on the right side holding my Valentine One. Works like a charm. Make sure to order the version that is extended toward the rider to prevent the problem with hitting the windscreen.

OP
OP
Finewest

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
OK OK! Geez! You don't have to twist my arm! LOL. I ordered one!

Thanks guys for all your help and advice!

barefoot

frustrated rock star
I hate to do this, but I gotta poll you guys on this product - $42.95 for the product itself - not unreasonable, but $9 for shipping via ground for a half pound product? then a $5 handling fee? That hadn't been mentioned before, and the idea itself kinda rubs me the wrong way. And to cap it all off, they don't accept Amex (I know it's just me, but I avoid Visa/MC). Does anybody feel the same way or is it just me?

I know Tom posts here, and I don't mean any kind of personal ill will, but for what it's worth, I came >this< close to getting one just now but there were just too many strikes...

Last edited:
STOC #
Any products that have anything to do with an ST seems double the price of anything else. I'm at least as frugal as almost anyone else, but I didn't like the looks of the full size dash, and didn't want to hang a bunch of crap off my handlebars either. This shelf looked like the best thing for my personal taste, so I bought it.

I must admit, it really is a good fit and quality product. Someone saw it on my bike after I installed it and thought it was a stock item for the bike. I can't believe I am actually typing this but, 'Quality lasts when price is long forgotten.'

Now, I feel like I need to put my spare change in my piggy bank.

I hate to do this, but I gotta poll you guys on this product - $42.95 for the product itself - not unreasonable, but $9 for shipping via ground for a half pound product? then a $5 handling fee? That hadn't been mentioned before, and the idea itself kinda rubs me the wrong way. And to cap it all off, they don't accept Amex (I know it's just me, but I avoid Visa/MC). Does anybody feel the same way or is it just me?

I know Tom posts here, and I don't mean any kind of personal ill will, but for what it's worth, I came >this< close to getting one just now but there were just too many strikes...

The shipping charges are what UPS charges me to ship a product. The rates are tied from their website to mine. The handling charge is a flat fee per transaction for the box, packing material, and what ever else goes into the shipment. $5.00 might seem like a lot for a small box, but some of my parts that I ship, the box alone is $12.00, the foam in place bags are $1.20 each.
The $5.00 is still charged on those shippments.

Some businesses elect to just cover those costs in the price of the part. You as a customer/consumer pay those fees even if they are not disclosed.

I am a small business and believe that I provide the best service and quality that I can. I like doing business with all of you and have more products in the works for the ST. I will post them soon.

Thanks Tom

Top Bottom