OP
Finewest

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
Tom, I want to thank you very much for the mini-shelf product I received via UPS yesterday. I will be installing it this morning and I can tell already it's going to look pretty sharp! Great product! Worth every penny! See ya at the TurboCity TechSTOC this June 30th. I wish more retailers would hold such events at their cost and support our ST's. There are so damn few manufacturers that make ST STuff.

A list of my TC STuff:

Rear rack (Tom installed free)
FPR
Air Filter (Tom installed free)
Mini-shelf
Thermostat (Tom installed free)

Last edited:

barefoot

frustrated rock star
Some businesses elect to just cover those costs in the price of the part. You as a customer/consumer pay those fees even if they are not disclosed.
Well, see, that's exactly it - with most re/etailers, the price is covered and I know the cost going into the deal, and I don't find any more bad news right before I click 'confirm'

Honestly, the product looks the business and I'm sure it's worth the cost, but the check-out process sticks in my gullet. And I don't have the benefit of finewest's history. Heck, I may get one still, but I'll need to be able to swallow the process. Any chance you'll be taking AMEX soon?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Finewest

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
Wow! I just finished installing my TurboCity mini-shelf! Removed two screws, install shelf with supplied two screws, BAM! Done! And it looks stock! Cool! Thanks Tom!

Attachments

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't think we will be accepting Amex any time soon.

The discount rate is double what any other card is. That is each time I accept a credit card, a percentage is paid to the card issurer. The Amex rate is twice/ double the Visa/MC/Disc. Maybe I can find another way to get your business. Please PM me if you are interested.

Remember, the code TURBO ST in the order comments will get you the forum discount.

Thanks Tom

Last edited:

barefoot

frustrated rock star
Remember, the code TURBO ST in the order comments will get you the forum discount.
<Tim Taylor> Aauuraghh?? </Tim Taylor>

And just how much is this forum discount of which you speak? (Sorry, I don't usually comb this forum top to bottom every day)

Tell me this: If I order multiple items, would the the 'handling' charge be applied to each item? Would I be able to save on shipping charges?

And lastly, what about paypal?

<Tim Taylor> Aauuraghh?? </Tim Taylor>

And just how much is this forum discount of which you speak? (Sorry, I don't usually comb this forum top to bottom every day)

Tell me this: If I order multiple items, would the the 'handling' charge be applied to each item? Would I be able to save on shipping charges?

And lastly, what about paypal?
Sorry, I'm really not trying to make this difficult.

The forum discount is unpublished as we had a price increase April 15,2007.
The discount would be the pre increase price of $39.96 and would be good for 45 days from April 15th.

The handling charge is per shippment(one only) no matter how much you order.

For this small item, you could request USPS shipping. The freight charge will be adjusted at the time of invoicing to what ever the USPS rate is (actual charge to me). Anyone can request this on any order. Remember no tracking and minimal insurance with UPSP.

Please understand that this type of transaction requires alot of "special" handling, as it is not the normal daily type transaction. I believe that we go the extra step for customer service.

Yes, I can do Paypal if you like.

Thanks Tom

FORUM DISCOUNT!!? :eek: NOW YOU TELL ME!!! :rolleyes: Well! Hmmpphh!!! :( I take back everything I said about you! (Just kidding) :D

Fred,

Check your invoice. You received the forum discount and didn't know it.

Thanks for your support and look forward to seeing you on the 30th.

Tom

Sink

TwiSTieholic
Bike
ST 1100
STOC #
That is one nice looking shelf! Looks like it is supposed to be there! Like I said earlier in this thread, I saw 2 of them on Sue's bike and really liked them. GREAT JOB TURBO TOM!

As far as shipping and handling goes, I'm sure he would let you pick up the items and not charge it... BUT you would have to pay sales tax... Sounds like a good excuse for a ride???

Bike
ST 1300A
STOC #
Hi Turbo Tom,

I just ordered the right shelf and the FPR.

Did not know about the discount.

I you want to give me discount, please donate this to this great forum!

Ren? van Glabbeek
The Netherlands

I am considering purchasing one of the left dash mounts for the ST1300. I have some questions that I hope somebody can help with.

1. This thread includes references to a version of this dash mount that is extended towards the rider to avoid hitting the windshield. I only see one version indicated on the turbocity website (80-663 left) and it doesn't appear to extend towards the rider. Does anybody know the correct p/n?
2. Does anybody know if this dash mount will work if you have the Honda mirror deflectors installed?
3. Is it safe to assume this dash mount can be used with after market windshields (Aeroflow & Clearview)?

Thanks,
tman

Just FYI.

I received a response from TurboCity indicating:
- The only bracket they ship now is extended towards the rider. They no longer make the standard unit.
- The dash mount is compatible with the mirror deflector kit.
- The dash mount should work fine with an Aeroflow screen.

Bike
ST 1300A
STOC #
Got my shelf yeSTerday (without the screws, so I think my transport guy loST them).
Anyway, no problem, I have screws...

My idea was to STick the dashboard mount (for the cage) of Garmin on the shelf and then put my 2820 in it.
Does not work with shield in lower position.

Then I tried to find a way to mount the RAM ball on it, but then I need a swivable RAM arm.
Asked MC Larry if he could ship it on time for me, but no answer yet.
Now I could try to keep a cup of Italian coffee on the shelf (we do not have mountains here)

I ordered both the right & left side dash mount. I received them within just a few days. As other folks have indicated, simple & quick install (mine came with screws). Very nice!

Bike
ST 1300A
STOC #
I was in Florida laST week, found the box the shelf was shipped with and found the screws.

So my transportguy left them together with the peanuts in the box.

I hate packaging peanuts (for more than one reason)

Bike
2003 ST1300
You US guy should not complain about shipping costs. Shipping to Canada is $21.US. Ouch! Product and shipping is $72.85us to get here! Add 20%=92.22, Our dollar sucks now. Where else would you get a item like this? I think this is a sweet piece, and I'LL suck up the price. Thanks Turbo

Last edited:
Top Bottom