• Start with a City beginning with A
    • This is BY STATE
    • Similar to the Tag contest, there will be one thread per state
    • Post a picture of your bike AND some sign, building etc which clearly shows the city/state you're in
    • The next person posts from a city with the name beginning with B, then C, D, etc
    • You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city
    • Once Z is reached, the game starts over with A
    • If your state doesn't have a city beginning with the next letter in sequence, it's okay to skip that letter
    • If the location sits for more than one month, the person that posted that is open to move it to the next letter.

The World Wide game is a bit different as it is by whatever is considered a geographic type of regional category, state/province/village etc. and all those will be in the single World Wide A-Z topic.

TX: A to Z (Round 16)

mstrong01

Site Supporter
Bike
96 ST1100
STOC #
Re: TX: A to Z (Round 7)

You get some of that sausage across the street at Green's?
Try the Garlic Bacon, its awesome! They have great food, last Christmas we bought both sets of parents gift baskets from Green's full of meats and cheeses.

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Re: TX: A to Z (Round 7)

Try the Garlic Bacon, its awesome! They have great food, last Christmas we bought both sets of parents gift baskets from Green's full of meats and cheeses.
Think I smell a ride to eat when I get my ST fixed. They serve lunch!

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Re: TX: A to Z (Round 8)

Thinking of going for the C later this week if that will fit in with my priority list and no one beats me to it. There is a C<20 miles from my house, but I don't want to go there. There's another one more interesting (to me anyway) that I can get within 3-4 hours from home.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #

What happened Don? Hope everything is OK.
I rode for the D last week....it's ready and waiting. :)
Thanks for asking - I have had a few things come up with higher priorities than riding, but hoping to go after the C either today or tomorrow. Will keep y'all posted. :D

Bike
ST1300
STOC #

Thanks for asking - I have had a few things come up with higher priorities than riding, but hoping to go after the C either today or tomorrow. Will keep y'all posted. :D
FWIW, I did something stupid a couple of days ago and screwed up my back a little, hopefully just temporary. I don't have any idea how long before I will ride the ST again, but hopefully only a couple of days. Meanwhile, if someone beats me to it, I may be able to go for the E next (looks like TOS has the D nailed down).

Last edited:

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #

C= Coleman, TX
See if this will pass inspection.
I cut the top of the sign off that said, Coleman ISD. However, the bottom has the sign sponser, Coleman (TX) First National Bank.
CAM01758.jpg

OP
OP
gmast1100

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #

C= Coleman, TX
See if this will pass inspection.
I cut the top of the sign off that said, Coleman ISD. However, the bottom has the sign sponser, Coleman (TX) First National Bank.
CAM01758.jpg
Looks like maybe someone was coming back from Big Bend? I'm going to look for a D.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #

If my back feels up to it I may go for the D today, if gmast1100 doesn't beat me to it. I haven't been on my ST for two weeks or more, since I strained my back. It is supposed to be ~80F today, should be good day for a ride if my bod is up to it. If someone beats me to it, I can (almost) always get to another letter.

OP
OP
gmast1100

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #

If my back feels up to it I may go for the D today, if gmast1100 doesn't beat me to it. I haven't been on my ST for two weeks or more, since I strained my back. It is supposed to be ~80F today, should be good day for a ride if my bod is up to it. If someone beats me to it, I can (almost) always get to another letter.
Don, if D is closer to you-go for it. Not sure I'm going out today.
Gary

Bike
ST1300
STOC #

We've gone nearly two months now without an A-Z post for TX, and the last one here was by an Okie (no offense, TOS). I've intended to go get a relatively close "D" a few times during the past couple of months, but if my ride didn't get rained out something else always seems to come up. The local weather forcast for the coming week doesn't look very promising either, so I may wind up going for the "E" or "F" by the time I get off my duff.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #

Thanks for posting TOS. I may go for a nearby 'E' next time the weather cooperates.

So according to Google Maps, I guess you rode less than 1hr round trip for this post. My tentative quest for the 'E' will be ~2x that far, I don't have any problem with that, just sayin'.

Update - guess I was looking at the wrong map :eek::
I looked again this morning and realized that your A-Z ride would be ~1hr longer than my tentative quest for the 'E', assuming round trip from Durant.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gmast1100

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #

Tired of waiting on you guys. ;-)
CAM01706~2.jpg
Glad you stepped up there Okie. I would have gone out but fighting the city and plumber with major sewer problems. Neither wants to step up-we're caught in the middle.

Just a crappy day!

Top Bottom