Upgrading Dashboard Lights

Bike
1991 ST1100
Does anybody know the part number or have a link to the proper LED bulbs to replace the incandescent ones on the dash of a 1991 ST1100? Just looking to upgrade the backlights for the speedometer and tachometer; 4 bulbs I believe.
Thanks,
Mark

Mark,

LEDs are SMD LED 3528.
You can get them through ebay in different colors.

or any other electronic outlet that carries them.

I went with warm whites on my '12 because I wanted to keep the stock color. My '02
had pure whites and it was a little too techno for me.
BR,4
t.

Does anybody know the part number or have a link to the proper LED bulbs to replace the incandescent ones on the dash of a 1991 ST1100? Just looking to upgrade the backlights for the speedometer and tachometer; 4 bulbs I believe.
Thanks,
Mark

I use superbrightleds.com but per titu, any of the 194 (if I recall correctly) type will do.

I’m using red ones right now for a change of pace but they are so easy to swap I can change to white (or blue or green) on a whim.

I have one of four dash lights operating. I did a search and did not find a 'how-to' on how to access/remove the dashboard to replace the bad bulbs. Anything I should do or look at while I'm in there replacing lights while I have it torn down? Thanks. 1996 ST1100 (non-ABS).

I have one of four dash lights operating. I did a search and did not find a 'how-to' on how to access/remove the dashboard to replace the bad bulbs. Anything I should do or look at while I'm in there replacing lights while I have it torn down? Thanks. 1996 ST1100 (non-ABS).

Those bulbs, including the clock bulb are removed from the rear of the instrument cluster. If you have all the plastic off, you can access them easily. Held in place by black rubber holders.

All my dash lights work but they are not bright enough to be useful in daylight. What are my options for brighter dash lights that I can see on a sunny day?

LED replacements the same color as each lens; green, blue, amber, red, etc. White washes them out.

You can choose from among several colors for the gauge backlighting, too.

All my dash lights work but they are not bright enough to be useful in daylight. What are my options for brighter dash lights that I can see on a sunny day?
Based on your avatar, you are asking about an ST1300 in the ST1100 sub-forum.

For ST1300 dash lights:
If would like to have it done;
If you want to do it yourself;

Back
Top Bottom