Vacuum Reservoir or Not on Audiovox CCS-100

skidgillen

Site Supporter
Bike
2005 ST1300PA
I am currently installing the Audiovox CCS-100 on my ST1300. Should I install a vacuum reservoir or not? If I do, what's works the best? I made one like GitSum's but cannot see how he routed the vacuum lines completely.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
I’ve installed 2 of these, and used vacuum reservoirs on both. I put the servo on the left, in the area behind the “grill” in the dash. The reservoir went in the same location, on the right side.

John

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
I have installed 4 and did not do a reservoir on any. Does it hold speed, yes. Does it loose going up a hill, yes, but so does my car. About 3 MPH is what I see. I guess to see if it does make a difference would be to get 2 bikes side by side and do a real world comparison with the exact same conditions.

It does not hurt to add one, if you so desire.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I used a reservoir on my installation and it would maintain speed perfectly on hills, even when at high altitudes. Before I installed the reservoir it would slowly loose speed on hills. The longer the hill or the higher the altitude the more speed it would loose.

Bike
2009 ST 1300
Reservoir hear it maintain speed up hill no problem plus one on the reservoir

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
I'd say reservoir on an ST, but it doesn't have to be too big. I used a metal fuel filter (just because I didn't like the idea of plastic, just me) and it was maybe 1.5" dia by 2+", very compact. Alternately, you can coil up a bunch of vacuum hose....

v8-7

Site Supporter
1 with and 1 without. didn't notice much of a difference..

I did notice a a positive difference when I changed the dip switch setting from light vehicle to heavy vehicle .

OP
OP
skidgillen

skidgillen

Site Supporter
Bike
2005 ST1300PA
I'll probably do the reservoir. Thanks for the feedback everyone. Now I gotta tackle the brass stud on the throttle that I stripped a couple threads off right when I was using threadlocker and finally getting it where I wanted it. Ain't life grand?

OP
OP
skidgillen

skidgillen

Site Supporter
Bike
2005 ST1300PA
Got throttle fixed. Now back to vacuum. So........Servo to Vacuum reservoir to Domed side of check valve, and the 2 other sides of check valve to Map sensor and throttle bodies??????????????

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Here's some more reference material if you need to trouble shoot. http://www.st-riders.net/index.php?topic=8170.0
I have 3 vacuum points that are teed together with one way valves.(mines an 1100)
I found this too to be of great help in setting the dip switches. http://www.valkyrieriders.com/shoptalk/cruise-control.htm again it's a carbureted bike, but some of the install applies. I would stay away from any of the scotch connectors that are provided and use positap ones instead or solder and heatshrink.
A very good price at $100 and well worth the effort to install.

OP
OP
skidgillen

skidgillen

Site Supporter
Bike
2005 ST1300PA
Went for a test drive today before putting the cowls back on and the cruise will not set. Electrics all check out. It is either a vacuum problem or binding of the cable system against the airbox snorkel which I shaved down as much as possible. I'm thinking the 3 way check valve because it will let me blow air on all three ends without restriction. I was really hoping to have this project done by now. Oh well, supposed to get at least 2 inches of snow tonight anyway!

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
the cruise will not set
Do you by chance have LED brake lights? If so, it will not set without a relay modification to simulate an incandescent bulb. This Relay wiring diagram can be found on Murph's web site. He is marketing the CCS100 under his brand.

If you are thinking the check valve, do you have enough hose to go direct from the canister to where you tapped into the vacuum line. Bypass the canister and check valve to test the function of your wiring and unit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
skidgillen

skidgillen

Site Supporter
Bike
2005 ST1300PA
Do you by chance have LED brake lights? If so, it will not set without a relay modification to simulate an incandescent bulb. This Relay wiring diagram can be found on Murph's web site. He is marketing the CCS100 under his brand.

If you are thinking the check valve, do you have enough hose to go direct from the canister to where you tapped into the vacuum line. Bypass the canister and check valve to test the function of your wiring and unit.
I pulled the led bulbs out before hand and replaced them with regular incandescent. I do have LED hyperlites tied in as supplemental but I don't think that's it. I pulled the cover off of the bottom of the servo and checked the led for all the functions, i.e. tach input, brake light disengage, and set and accel switch inputs.

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
I do have LED hyperlites tied in as supplemental but I don't think that's it.
I too have this set up on the 03 that I am selling and the 07 that I bought and installed the CCS100 on. You are correct that LED's tapped into the brake wiring to operate them should have NO effect on the unit setting.

The next step? Aren't these things fun.

Top Bottom