Vacuum Reservoir or Not on Audiovox CCS-100

v8-7

Site Supporter
Jeff aka dinkie diesel , wrote/compiled a great trouble shooting guide here
https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?119551-ST1300-Audiovox-CCS-100-Troubleshooting&highlight=audiovox

If your unit passes all those steps, it is probably either the throttle cable is hanging up, but you can tell if that's a problem, because the throttle grip will not snap back, or vacuum related .

When you're blowing into the 3 way check valve , are you blocking the air passage for the airflow that isn't in the circuit ?
I don't recall using a 3 way, just a tee and a seperate check valve ..

OP
OP
skidgillen

skidgillen

Site Supporter
Bike
2005 ST1300PA
Do you by chance have LED brake lights? If so, it will not set without a relay modification to simulate an incandescent bulb. This Relay wiring diagram can be found on Murph's web site. He is marketing the CCS100 under his brand.

If you are thinking the check valve, do you have enough hose to go direct from the canister to where you tapped into the vacuum line. Bypass the canister and check valve to test the function of your wiring and unit.
So i have .03 volts on the purple wire to the servo. Ya think that is enough to make it not actuate the vacuum solenoids? Because right now they are the only thing not working even though the troubleshooting LED says they are when I hit the set/accel/resume buttons.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I put several ccs100 on ST1100s, with and without reservoirs. Finally figured, put a one way vacuum valve close to the vacuum source, a couple feet of extra hose in a coil provides enough additional capacity to hold in normal circumstance. The unit on my 01 ABS worked a charm until she fetched up against a utility trailer in Phoenix a couple years ago. Them vacuum doesn't care the shape of the "reservoir" and extra hose is a lot more flexible than a rigid container.

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
So i have .03 volts on the purple wire to the servo. Ya think that is enough to make it not actuate the vacuum solenoids?
I had to go to the installation instructions that I have. The Purple wire is suppose to show zero volts until the brake pedal/lever is activated, then +12v. So .03v sounds correct as that is darn close to zero. How about when you activate the brake lights? Does it show +12V?

Have you tried to connect the vacuum line direct from the vacuum source to the canister.

One more question. Are you testing the operation on the road and NOT on the center stand? It will not work without resistance on the rear wheel as in actually moving down the road. It will set in any gear as long as you are moving.

Good luck.

OP
OP
skidgillen

skidgillen

Site Supporter
Bike
2005 ST1300PA
Triple checked the purple wire and all times read 0.00 volts. Pulled the solenoids and jumper wired them and they work. Double checked main ground wire. Running out of stuff to trouble shoot. Gonna pull the vacuum cannister and put it back together and run it down the road and see what happens.

OP
OP
skidgillen

skidgillen

Site Supporter
Bike
2005 ST1300PA
You know how you spend forever on a project, and it comes down to one thing that you were sure you had right, but it's not!? I had the vacuum check valve backwards. CC works now! It was surgy at first but then settled down and works great.

I've installed two..the first without a reservoir, the second with an 500cc one. both worked fine for me. I would caution that the cc100 control travel has to closely match the bike's throttle travel( mine I engineered the set up so that the cc100 stopped just shy of the bikes throttle stop

Top Bottom