• Start with a City beginning with A
    • This is BY STATE
    • Similar to the Tag contest, there will be one thread per state
    • Post a picture of your bike AND some sign, building etc which clearly shows the city/state you're in
    • The next person posts from a city with the name beginning with B, then C, D, etc
    • You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city
    • Once Z is reached, the game starts over with A
    • If your state doesn't have a city beginning with the next letter in sequence, it's okay to skip that letter
    • If the location sits for more than one month, the person that posted that is open to move it to the next letter.

The World Wide game is a bit different as it is by whatever is considered a geographic type of regional category, state/province/village etc. and all those will be in the single World Wide A-Z topic.

WA: A to Z (Round 3)

RP3

Bike
2001 ST 1100
STOC #
Re: WA: A to Z

D was posted last night, but got nuked because we are serious about rules here and I included too many photos despite only claiming the letter D.

Be sure that you only mention a single city in your post and come by the Team Washington thread if you want to see my "straight 6" for this weekend

OP
OP
STripper

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A

I just returned from a short, afternoon jaunt through the Snoqualmie Valley.

Here's Fall City:

Fall City Bistro.jpg

RP3

Bike
2001 ST 1100
STOC #

How about G

Gifford

SAM_2623.JPG SAM_2627.JPG

And I really do need to find this Evaline - I have never heard of it and going to new places is one of my favorite excuses to ride!

Last edited:
OP
OP
STripper

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A

And I really do need to find this Evaline - I have never heard of it and going to new places is one of my favorite excuses to ride!
I find Evaline on a 2008 paper WADOT map south of Napavine and north of Winlock on what, according to Garmin MapSource, appears to be Hwy 603 that parallels the Burlington Northern Sante Fe (Amtrak) Railroad. Let me know if you find it. You can always use it for the next round of the game.

Edit: It should be just a few miles west of roughly mile marker 68 on I-5.

Last edited:

RP3

Bike
2001 ST 1100
STOC #

I did google it and it appears that I have probably ridden through there, but probably blinked and missed it.

OP
OP
STripper

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A

Yeah, that's probably like riding through Boisfort or Oso. If you blink, you miss the entire town. ;)

Gymbo

R.I.P. - 2021/08/30
Rest In Peace
STOC #

I find Evaline on a 2008 paper WADOT map south of Napavine and north of Winlock on what, according to Garmin MapSource, appears to be Hwy 603 that parallels the Burlington Northern Sante Fe (Amtrak) Railroad. Let me know if you find it. You can always use it for the next round of the game.

Edit: It should be just a few miles west of roughly mile marker 68 on I-5.
I did google it and it appears that I have probably ridden through there, but probably blinked and missed it.
There is a sign....but you sure could blink and miss it......

GoogleEarth_Image.jpg

OP
OP
STripper

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A

Hunts Point

Hunts Point Town Hall.jpg

P.S. Remember to ensure that your camera has a memory card installed before you leave home. DAMHIKT. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
STripper

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A

Don't forget Ione. Issaquah is not too far from Puyallup, by the way, and there's ethanol-free premium gas at the Grange Supply Country Store. ;)

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #

Yeah, I think one of my Index's should have been Ione. I used to work for a lady named Ione Ball. Her husband's name was Harry. More then once after a few cocktails, I heard her saying Ione Harry Ball. She never mentioned Harry's brother Rusty though.

True story!

Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #

Just for you Brian. Somehow I get the mental image of Brian's bike idling next to a Juanita sign with him hitting the Page Refresh button and muttering "Come on....come on..." :-D

Attachments

OP
OP
STripper

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A

Thanks, Dave. You know me too well. I enjoyed a great ride today during what turned out to be a beautiful day. I took this photo on my way home.

Juanita:

Juanita - Cafe Juanita.jpg

If you are near Juanita and want to treat yourself to a fine meal, I recommend Cafe Juanita.

Last edited:
OP
OP
STripper

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A

Good show, Verne. If I'm not mistaken, that photo was taken from the parking lot of the Kent Commons. If not, it sure looks like it.

Tomorrow morning, I will venture toward the general direction of Lake Forest Park.

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #

It was on 83rd s/central ave, leaving Auburn entering Kent. Just east of the 167.

If you get L, maybe we should let Dave have the M.

OP
OP
STripper

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A

Apparently, the entire city of Kent looks the same to me. Oh well.

If I don't snag "L," Dave will have to race me before I make it to Mill Creek, Maltby, Monroe, Medina, Mountlake Terrace, Mulkiteo or even Mount Vernon. ;) Being the "gentleman" that I am sometimes purported to be, I will leave Maple Valley for Dave.

Top Bottom