Welcome to all the recent newbies

My wife and I put a lot of mileage on our 04, made trips totaling about 25000 miles. Purchased both a Goldwing and a Kawasaki Concours- went back to the ST because that was the bike she preferred. Even tried her own but liked the ride on the ST the best. The Goldwing was too spread eagled and the Concours to aggressive. Your wife will love it. Almost got a Bandit but went with a ZRX instead. Now have the Connie, the St, a ZRX and a KLR

Bike
2007 ST1300
Howdy y'all!
Well I just got an ST so looks like it's time to join a new forum. I grew up riding dirtbikes, finally got my first streetbike in 2012 which was a Suzuki Bandit 400. After dumping way too much money into fixing that thing up, a car turning left in front of me took it out in 2014. Then I figured I should get a KLR because it's similar to the bikes I was accustomed to and I wanted to do some exploring. Got a 2011 KLR650 and farkled it up with all the best mods, rode it a lot around Cedar Park, Leander, Lago Vista, having some fun on the land they were tearing up to build new neighborhoods out there.

Lately I have been wanting to do some longer moto trips and even though the KLR is technically capable of that it was not ideal for it, so I was considering trading it in this year. A feller nearby with a 2007 ST1300 posted that he was looking to do an even trade for an adventure bike. I was only vaguely familiar with the ST1300, but after doing some reading it ticked a lot of boxes that I was looking for in a "new" bike...FI, shaft drive, powerful, comfy, reliable. We talked for a while and did some test rides, and now I have the ST1300.

It's only been a few days, but I am really enjoying it. This is the fastest bike I've ever had, yet it's so smooth and quiet and comfortable at the same time. And that windscreen is just fantastic, that feature combined with the heated grips means winter riding won't be a big deal for me anymore. I'm going through it now making a list of things it needs, fortunately there's not much. I'd say it's around 90% of ideal and I just need to get it to 100.

So, nice to meet ya, and I hope you don't mind if I post a few Q's as I get the bike sorted out ;)

Greetings, Just purchased my 06 ST1300 with 16,000 mi. 3 weeks ago, already put on 1300 miles, what a nice machine, I ran BMW's for 40 yrs, I heard the praises of these for years and a gentleman came thru town and let me ride his, WOW, no turning back, will be looking for advice as time goes on, thanks for allowing me the become a part of this forum, Ed

Hello all!

my name is Zack and I live in in Indiana. I ride a Guzzi Stelvio NTX and, honestly, made this account in order to message SarniaON because they have a post talking about fixing a similar problem that I am having. I hope you all are well and I hope I can get a hold of him quickly lol.

Newbie's first post:

"rule of 100" here. After 2 1/2 years away from riding, I am hoping to get back in the saddle. Have been sport-touring since getting my first Triumph - a 650 Bonny - in 1970, with a few long breaks. Most miles have been spent on Triumphs, Suzukis, BMW's, and assorted dirt bikes. Last three rides were a Concours 14, a Bandit 1250, and an R1200RT - all modified to taste, which means lower seats, adjustable windscreens, weathertight luggage and above all CRUISE CONTROL.

Looking at ST1300 because of the linked brakes and a few friends who love the model. If there is a thread somewhere on here that is devoted to getting to know the brakes, I would love to find it. My last serious twisty ride went from Eureka to Napa. On the stretch of Rt. 1 from Hewitt over to the ocean, my right hand repeatedly cramped up and became just about useless for any activity other than hanging on and initiating counter-steer. After a week recovering in Napa [not hardship duty!] I came home via interstates 80/70/64 and used front brake and throttle sparingly.

Both the C14 and the Bandit got outfitted with Audiovox CCS-100 systems, which are cheap and work a treat if one takes the time to install correctly. As there are a number of install threads for the ST1300, I reckon it won't be too difficult a job. As there seem to be no ST's for sale closer than 2 or 3 hours from zip 24450, it may take a while to find the right one. Most if not all mileage will accumulate within 5-6 hours of home. All advice on any relevant topic is cheerfully welcomed.

Username was the title of a long piece written for the old ST-N a few years back.

Greetings; I made the account to download and see the larger images from teased thumbnails in posts. I have never had an opinion on ST's; Started looking for a 'cheap bike' to replace a beater car in Florida and noticed a nice looking, 2006 ST1300 w/41kmi (high to me) for ~$2500; a month or so later same guy lowered price to $1500 on a listing without a photo; It having new tires and nicely polished; the friendly seller informed me of the a Code25/26 Knock Sensor that showed up after 80mph; which it did;does. He said, and it appears, it doesn't effect performance/running; and it turns off and stays off with the ignition until the next bit touching 80mph... *Fingers crossed*

For the price; I'm inclined to ignore the code and just see how far I get with it. It is a beauty of a bike; with near my ideal riding position. I ride for transport more than pleasure(Got mostly over that my first 30 years) and just beginning my first looks into the ST.

If anyone has any document collections that might aid me in future repairs/service; feel free to DM or point me in the right direction; I tend to collect such things before I need them.

Oh, bike was missing the emergency toolkit; is there an inventory of one available; or a good source to buy them; are generic tool kits worth purchasing or are there more oddities in the ST's original.
It will never look better(with me) than it does right now; as it will be stored outside; it won't fit through my 36" door. :)
Might not be the place to ask; just throwing it all out there in first post... OnlookersNewST1300.jpg

RiderRon

Site Supporter
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Welcome! Do a search and you will find all the info you need and want about code 25/26.
It could be a plethora of things so do your research and troubleshoot well.

Hi All, this is my newbie first post!

I'm Diego, from Milan (Italy).
I bought last year my 2006 ST1300, nicknamed Moby as the whale :)
I'm an old time biker, also owning a 2004 GSXR750 and a 2008 Aprilia Pegaso.

This bike impressed me a lot and not only je, sincemy best friend tried it for 5 minutes and suddenly... he also bought one!

well, i post here a pic of my Moby, during our first travel outside the city, a two weeks vacation/test drive on the wonderful Corsica island's streets!
Glad to be here!

IMG_20230826_112557.jpg

Hi All,

My newbie first post and my first post in a forum for some time .

Im from St, Augustine Fl and my riding experience is all of 1600 miles, got my endorsement endorsement about 3 months ago.

I have been riding a Suzuki SV650 always looking to upskill and gain more riding experience.

Now to what draws me here, my wife wants to be in on the action and joy of motoring, therefore having realized this is not a battle I can win… get a two up.

I am close to pulling the trigger on a 27k mile 2006. Condition wise there appears to be no issues, from a usage atandpoint the bike has seen little action the past five years.

So thats the biggest issue in my biking world, should I go for it?

I might as well post a pic.

Appreciate any banter. Cheers!

Attachments

Another Newbie to the ST. I picked up a 99 from a kid whos dad bought it for his first bike. Lasted three seconds before he dumped the clutch and side swiped his garage. So with a pair of broken mirrors and cracked windshield he traded it to me for the price of a used xbox so he could get back to the basement.

Love the ride! Much like a couch compared to the crotch rockets. Very smooth power and handles great! Looking forward to learning from the group!

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Another Newbie to the ST. I picked up a 99 from a kid whos dad bought it for his first bike. Lasted three seconds before he dumped the clutch and side swiped his garage. So with a pair of broken mirrors and cracked windshield he traded it to me for the price of a used xbox so he could get back to the basement.

Love the ride! Much like a couch compared to the crotch rockets. Very smooth power and handles great! Looking forward to learning from the group!
Wow.. so many wrong choices there... but ended up as a good one for you...

congrats! but we need pictures, we're old and don't like to read... hmmm.. maybe I didn't think this forum thing all the way through...

Hi Everyone!

Been wanting an ST1300 but my wife and I fell in love with our Gold Wing.

But as I'm riding solo, I want that more nimble ST1300.

I'll be lurking and learning waiting for my ST1300 to appear.

Top Bottom