What did you do to / ride to with your Beemer today?

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
Thanks guys. I'm just jealous of all the cool things you're doing, and frustrated at being forced to sit inside.

If all goes well, I'll make it to the Bun Cooler!

Chris

OP
OP
Tor

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Just fiddling :thumb:.

Right front intake lobe on my GSA. My conclusion (and BMW's, according to the Service Info Bulletin) is,,,, too hard rocker arm. 48K miles.

IMG_3116.JPEG

All the "special" BMW tools came in (getting aftermarket tools dropped the price drastically). Ready to replace the cam / rockers on the affected cylinder.

IMG_3168.JPEG

This cam will be replaced, along with both rockers.

IMG_3169.JPEG

Now waiting on my new cam / differently (new) designed rocker arms from Max BMW. They have always been good to me when I needed stuff / parts.

Last edited:
Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
This won't sound like much to the rest of you, but I took my first ride yesterday in over two months. My absence from riding wasn't due to snow on the ground though. Mine was from having foot surgery. When your life changes to where a major expedition to plan for is to get down the hallway to pee...you don't think about riding. But as the foot has healed...but not enough...I can see the sun outside and have only been able to dream about being on two wheels. Yesterday, I decided to see if I'd screw up my foot, drop the bike or have a good ride.

FWIW, my doc hasn't given me permission to wear anything other than the velcro "laced" one-size fits all boot.

The college my wife works at, has a culinary arts program. Each spring, they put together "meal kits" for the staff to buy. They sell out quick because you're getting some fantastic food from students who are on their way to being chefs in restaurants. So that was my excuse...to get out and pick it up on the XR.

It went surprisingly well. Down-shifting was pretty easy. Up-shifting was a little harder. I've been walking around with a limp for two reasons. First, because the doc said if I walk on the foot (with that funky boot on), don't roll my foot from heel to toe but keep it flat to allow the bones and tendons to heal. And second, with two months of not using the foot properly, I'm having to teach myself to walk again. Well, things have gotten stiff through these months and down-shifting was like stretching muscles when you're warming up to exercise. It's a little bit of a stretch...but not painful.

And later in the evening, I rode the XR to my Life Group at church. Again, all went well. So two rides on the day when I got back on the seat again.

Oh...and just to prove I did it...because without pictures, it didn't happen...here's the bike in the parking lot at the college.

Chris

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Heal quickly.
Stinks when we can't ride just because our meat suits aren't up for the task.
Even the most well-balanced bikes require some degree of strength, and of course we all rely on our feet to operate controls and prevent us from falling down when we stop.

Top Bottom