What did you do with your ST1100/ST1300 today?

Didn't bring my bike with me to Texas, but I brought the battery with me to charge for a year. My ST is waiting for me at home in Oregon.

Bike
2004 ST1300
Replaced fork seals and fluid, and lubed throttle cables with my new Motion Pro V3
luber, which I highly recommend.

Also installed a nice tank pad that I bought from a guy in Hungary who makes replicas of the Honda factory pads which are no longer available.
$115 CAD including shipping to Canada.
His name is Sandor Butor, and you can find him on FB.
Great vendor and nice product.
And finally, installed a fork brace.
Busy weekend, but very satisfying.
Here’s a few pics.

IMG_0640.jpegIMG_0639.jpegIMG_0705.jpegIMG_0706.jpegIMG_0709.jpegIMG_0729.jpegIMG_0728.jpegIMG_0732.jpeg

Last edited:
STOC #
... f i n a l l y completed the annual MOT on the '94 ... :rolleyes:
... got rejected 3 times prior ...

Nah! Technically everything in top notch... :cool:
observing my ST's literally leaping out their brake tester every time makes me grin; not used to firm, prompt stoppers they grab them way too heavy... uoops! :rofl1:

They complained about way other things:
- 1st attempted inspection: ... errr, sorry those amber signal lights have to come off...
so I took those off....

- 2nd attempted inspection: ... but that model year had no running lights, and the reflective "french rear" doesn't comply...
grrr... couldn't have told me that last time, couldn't you?!
pinned the 5 watt running lights out the front turn-signal connectors, cracked out the heat-gun to peel the red/day-glow chevrons off the rear...

- 3rd attempted inspection: ... the reflective foil on the sides doesn't have CE-mark ...
WHAT IN THE A... ??!!! :mad:
a) I'm running this bike in this livery since ten years without any issue ever
b) can't you guys cough up a list containing e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. right away instead of teasing people?!!
I was fuming... A.H's.! :rolleyes:

OK, back to the hangar, another gig with the heat-gun... the adhesive eraser wheel... and other things...

4th visit now was the charm, outta there in 10 minutes, with the sticker... bullocks...

So road assistance/support livery isn't much appreciated over here...
Possible intensified EC regulations or such... Orwell look down...
Maybe cause those with darn LED headlights might dazzle themself for a change, who knows...

Anyway, road legal again, non reflective day-glow set in the pipeline...

prev look for the archives...

IMG_20230701_091745.jpg
Nice ride, I’m a little jealous. I was looking for a used R1200RT of K1600GT in police livery. I don’t want idiots running into me though it’s not a 100% guarantee they still won’t.

Something like this,

IMG_0442.jpeg

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I'm a libertarian, and bristle at stupid bureaucrats. I live in a state with NO "annual inspections", which granted allows for some possibly equally stupid people to operate some pretty janky vehicles.
So it cuts both ways... there's a book on my reading list, title of which: You Will Own Nothing.
"You'll own nothing and you'll be happy" is a phrase originating in a 2016 video by the World Economic Forum, summarising an essay written by Danish politician Ida Auken. The phrase has been used by critics who accuse the WEF of desiring restrictions on ownership of private property.
(This is not intended to be a political post, the book title intrigues me.)

Top Bottom