What did you do with your Yamaha today?

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Put the new Cee Bailey's shield on...looks good, unfortunately with 4 inches of new snow no test ride.....maybe next week the weather will get better.......ff

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
So yesterday my neighbor and I rode up to Grandpa's and had breakfast with Rod and Nancy. Then went for a ride up through Horse Tooth Res. and over Rist Canyon and then back on Stove Prairie Rd. Risk Canyon had a lot of gravel near the top, and through the Narrows of Stove Prairie, there is about thee miles of gravel road, one way construction. Not a lot of fun through there. How ever as a whole the 230 miles I did on the FJR yesterday was great until I washed it today. Went to wipe the bike down after washing it and found this............................... Going to need to order some PR4GT's sooner than I thought. Thank goodness the nail was found at home and I had my plug kit handy. Got some more practice today. Should hold well until the PR4s get here

SAM_4596.jpg SAM_4597.jpg SAM_4598.jpg SAM_4600.jpg

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Chuck, I would ride that tire until it was done as it looks like it still has a lot of life left in it.

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Chuck, I would ride that tire until it was done as it looks like it still has a lot of life left in it.
Going to order in a set of PR4GTs and have them on hand. Will ride these tires until I am ready to take a longer out of state trip, then will change to the new tires. I am not a real big fan of these OEM BT023 Battle Ax BridgeStone. To me it feels like I am driving a truck. But I would like to get my money out of them.

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
135 miles on the plugged rear tire and no leaks. Ordered my PR4's yesterday. Have a trip later in april and want new rubber on the bike for that. Pushing 4200 miles on her since I bought her last Oct. Wonderful machine.

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Flew the FJR today....new Cee Bailey shield is awesome.....winds 25-40, gusty, temp almost 70....rock solid since putting 40 psi in front tire...don't know why Yamaha thinks 36 is the magic number....anyway, 125 miles and two hours later am really REALLY happy with this bike..........supposed to finally rain tonite, get some of the manure and dirt off the country roads..........ride well, ride safe.........ff

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Did not do anything with my Yamaha today except move it off the lift (that is were I park it) so I could get my Daughter's and Son-In_Law's Yamaha (XT225) on the lift for some Spring Time seasonal maint. Today the weather was not so good and this was a great daytime project to get accomplished. This XT225 is one of two that they own. I guess I will be seeing the second one some time in a day or so.

SAM_4636.jpg Dis-assembly SAM_4637.jpg Me, hard at work SAM_4639.jpgMe, more hard at work SAM_4642.jpg all done. Did not realize I would be operating Henderson's motorcycle maint. garage during retirement. O-well the thing one does for their children.;):)

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Did not do anything with my Yamaha today except move it off the lift (that is were I park it) so I could get my Daughter's and Son-In_Law's Yamaha (XT225) on the lift for some Spring Time seasonal maint. Today the weather was not so good and this was a great daytime project to get accomplished. This XT225 is one of two that they own. I guess I will be seeing the second one some time in a day or so.

SAM_4636.jpg Dis-assembly SAM_4637.jpg Me, hard at work SAM_4639.jpgMe, more hard at work SAM_4642.jpg all done. Did not realize I would be operating Henderson's motorcycle maint. garage during retirement. O-well the thing one does for their children.;):)
As I had thought, the #2 XT225 came over last night, and I spent today, Saturday, doing a major 5k mile service. Included lubing the swing arm and shock suspension mounts and also a valve check (all two valves:p:) along with all the normal STuff, Oil and filters etc. . The XT's are now done and the FJR goes back up on the lift for a tire change on Wednesday to get ready for a week long trip.

SAM_4650.jpg SAM_4651.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Getting the FJR ready for a week long trip next week. Need to put new tires on as I had to plug the rear a while back and need to go through the 4000 mile checks @ 4500 miles (just a bit late) So removed the wheels. set up the changer and commenced to change tires. Beside I am not a fan of the OEM Bridgestone Battlax BT 023s. I have a set of Michelin PR4GTs to go on. I am using a Cyclehill tire changing machine with the mounting/dismounting bar from CycleHill, which has worked just fine for all of my tire changed up to this point. The front tire change went very easy with out any issues. Can't say that for the rear tire. I was unable to get the Battleax to flex enough to get the dismount bar tip between the bead and the rim. Fought with that tire with the help of my neighbor for about an hour and then said enough is enough. Did not want to use tire irons and risk scratching or bending the rim. So off to the dealer tomorrow with 25 bucks in my pocket and let them dismount the tire using their advanced tire machine. I am getting too old for this. After that I did not do any more work on the bike. It sets on the lift Wheel-less until tomorrow. I really think I will need to find a different type dismounting bar for the FJR rear wheel. Or maybe not be such a cheap ssa and take the wheel and tire down to Aurora Honda for future rear tire changes.

SAM_4654.jpg SAM_4658.jpg SAM_4659.jpg

Last edited:

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Those Bridgestone tires have a way harder sidewall then any Michelin tire I have ever seen so far.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
It sounds like the rear Yammie FJR rim has an even shallower valley than the Honda ST's rear rim? I know the Bridgestones are stiff, but I've been able to get the bar tip in. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to put one on!

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Put the carbs back on the XS (pain in the butt, but the XS forum came to the rescue with a couple tips) after a winter cleaning.

bcnu

o&o>
Bike
GL1800
Chuck
I have a MoJo lever left over from days gone by you are welcome to try it
back when I had my NoMar machine I did not care for the bar they had so I bought this one. it worked well for me on the Concours, it would not do the Goldwing so I bought the big dog machine and now do not use the MoJo lever
http://home.comcast.net/~prestondrake/mojoweb.htm

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Chuck
I have a MoJo lever left over from days gone by you are welcome to try it
back when I had my NoMar machine I did not care for the bar they had so I bought this one. it worked well for me on the Concours, it would not do the Goldwing so I bought the big dog machine and now do not use the MoJo lever
http://home.comcast.net/~prestondrake/mojoweb.htm
OK Thanks I will try it next time around. Hang on to it. Hope things are getting better.

Last edited:

bcnu

o&o>
Bike
GL1800
Chuck
it was 26 days in ICU in Parker a couple days in a regular room and now they transferred her to LTAC long term acute care
4.2 miles from our house which is much better than 63 miles. I drove 3400 miles from home to ICU in about a month and now it takes 6 minutes to visit her. big improvement for me
I will let you know the next time I go up and will bring the MoJo lever

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Getting the FJR ready for a week long trip next week. Need to put new tires on as I had to plug the rear a while back and need to go through the 4000 mile checks @ 4500 miles (just a bit late) So removed the wheels. set up the changer and commenced to change tires. Beside I am not a fan of the OEM Bridgestone Battlax BT 023s. I have a set of Michelin PR4GTs to go on. I am using a Cyclehill tire changing machine with the mounting/dismounting bar from CycleHill, which has worked just fine for all of my tire changed up to this point. The front tire change went very easy with out any issues. Can't say that for the rear tire. I was unable to get the Battleax to flex enough to get the dismount bar tip between the bead and the rim. Fought with that tire with the help of my neighbor for about an hour and then said enough is enough. Did not want to use tire irons and risk scratching or bending the rim. So off to the dealer tomorrow with 25 bucks in my pocket and let them dismount the tire using their advanced tire machine. I am getting too old for this. After that I did not do any more work on the bike. It sets on the lift Wheel-less until tomorrow. I really think I will need to find a different type dismounting bar for the FJR rear wheel. Or maybe not be such a cheap ssa and take the wheel and tire down to Aurora Honda for future rear tire changes.

SAM_4654.jpg SAM_4658.jpg SAM_4659.jpg

SAM_4661.jpg Got the Front wheel on this morning and Aurora Honda got the rear tire changed for me. I just finished installing it. SAM_4663.jpg Tools inventoried and put away, no extra parts left, not short any parts.........Time to GO test RIDE it. See you later. Tomorrow I start on the 4k mile service procedures.

Last edited:
Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Yesterday took it to the dealer for a warranty replacement of the Sport/Tour switch on right handle bar....80 miles down there, 200 back, must have got lost....:D......great day for a ride....gusts of wind to 40 mph at times, new Cee Bailey worked well......ff...BTW, tried running 42 front 44 rear tire pressures with the T30GT, handles well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Finally after 9 weeks I received my Bagster Tank Cover from France via
CIMA,International. I knew it was going to take a while. Three weeks longer than I expected. But I have it now and that is all that matters. The tank cover is expensive and not to everybody's liking, but I like it and it is well made. One can get it in multiple colors, I chose straight black. I had one on my ST1300 for almost 12 years. No issues with scratches over the years. I gave the tank a good coat of wax and then installed it in about 5 min. Easier on the FJR then on the ST. Next is to decide which Bagster Tank Bag I want and order it from a dealer in England. Should get it a bit faster and less expensive then CIMA.

SAM_4716.jpg SAM_4715.jpgSAM_4714.jpgSAM_4713.jpg

Last edited:

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Looks nice Chuck. Guess the long wait was worth it? Have one on my ST and does help to protect the tank.

Top Bottom