What does your nickname stand for?

1nakidbandit it works like this. 1 cause I thought it was the best bike at the time. suzuki bandit 1200 no S. Oh and my little boy came up with nakid (Ray Stevens) kinda thing you know (red neck Ms). Stupid aint it, but I have used it for so long that it's hard to change now.

Mark

when I joined this sight in Nov., had 3 bikes at the time, '88 yamaha XT350. the :04biker: and a '03 SV 1000 Suzuki, decided to make it ST/SV, I kinda just left the old Yami out.

My internet nickname has always been "decompressing" right from the earliest times and refers to the inordinately long amount of time that me and my buddy would spend decompressing after scuba dives.....

Marc (thats my real name)

Well, it's because I am a massive fan of the British SitCom Father Ted...
The show is all about 3 Catholic priests exiled to an island off the coast of Ireland.

You know how, when you were young, you called fat guys "slim", and short guys "stretch" and such?

Just kidding...I am 6'4", 250 and have been for years. When I played ball, I caught the name "big Time". Big Tom has been more apropriate for a loooong time. BTW, no steroids in this 250# frame. I did mine with meat and potatoes and beer. The way God meant it to be:)

many years ago...

my wife and I lived next door to the "dell" family. one of the dell boys was named "Joe" - which is also my name. since our house had four kids, theirs had five, all high school age or younger, it was an active neighborhood.

on occasion - either my wife or his mom would come to the door and call out - for example - "JOE - time for dinner".... he and I would look at each other and both of us would head to whoever called...

it was funny to see the look on his mom's face when I would arrive at their meal time. some times, she barely knew there was an extra...

anyway - his name became "joedell" and mine became "joeniv" one word on both parts. phonetically (sp?) - niv represents the first part of my last name. I've been joeniv everywhere ever since. shortened to -niv as a sign off...

-niv

This nick started back when I bought my '02 Honda VTX. It got custom paint called "Burple" by House of Kolor. The "X" just comes from abbreviated VTX. Ergo "Burple X" or as some of my friends call me "Burp".

When I first signed up with my ISP and got on the Internet years ago, they told me I needed a "User Name" I could remember, and a password.
I had a 1983 V65 Magna and a 1984 V65 Sabre at the time, (still have them both) and "Sabre" was already taken, so I went with "Magna".
Magna

VT ST Jimbo

I like to use as much of my real name when possible. In the early days of email lots of folks had really strange addresses. I just use my name. I joined a Shadow group and needed a nick name so I chose VT Jimbo as in V-Twin. When I joined this group I wanted ST Jimbo. It was taken. So I used VT (for either the reminder of the V-Twin or Virginia Tech) ST Jimbo. I live in Blacksburg, VA where Virginia Tech is.

We love Key West, so when asked to come up with an user name years ago... KeyweSTwego came out as if it was ment to be.

Now you know the rest of the story.

There was one kid on my football team in college who was in charge of nicknames. Mine was a takeoff of my last name. It didn't stick, no one calls me Tondonic, he doesn't even remember saying it. But I like it.

Back
Top Bottom