What have you hit with your bike..??

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I hit 104 degrees on the 06 today while riding near Fort Spokane. Hottest for me so far.

ToddC

Bike
2001 ST1100
Rode through a flock of praire chickens and had several bounce off the helmet. This summer there was momma duck leading her chicks across the highway and I did the whole target fixation on the last one and yep, hit the last little duckling.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Rode through a flock of praire chickens and had several bounce off the helmet. This summer there was momma duck leading her chicks across the highway and I did the whole target fixation on the last one and yep, hit the last little duckling.
I'm telling PETA!!!!!(people eating tastey animals):D

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Unfortunate that you had to hit one but here is a word of warning about the consequences of stopping instead- sad story about a motorcyclist and his daughter killed in front of his wife and her mother because someone stopped on a highway for ducks.

Bike
2001 ST1100
Unfortunate that you had to hit one but here is a word of warning about the consequences of stopping instead- sad story about a motorcyclist and his daughter killed in front of his wife and her mother because someone stopped on a highway for ducks.
I remember that story she got 90 days in jail, no driving for 10 years and 240 hours of community service beecaue of it. You really have to keep your eyes open for the strangest things on the highway.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
I've hit two birds...one on the front fender, another flew under the chin of my 3/4 hat and lodged between my left eye and the visor....that one was scary.
Also hid a Texas moth that was so large his/her insides completely covered my visor. Moth was the size of a small bat. This was at night, in the outback, and I was completely blind at 65 mph until I thought to push my visor up...only to be pelted by his smaller family members until I reached the first open gas station and cleaned it all up.

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Also hid a Texas moth that was so large his/her insides completely covered my visor. Moth was the size of a small bat. This was at night, in the outback, and I was completely blind at 65 mph until I thought to push my visor up...only to be pelted by his smaller family members until I reached the first open gas station and cleaned it all up.

Dang, In TX everything is bigger ! I would hate to see your mesquitos.

TC

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Gotta watch out for those jumpin turtles! ;)

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Heh...never ridden in Canada, eh? Our mosquitoes have landing gear! Lol!!
I heard that they also can take advantage of the seagulls up there..........

What kinda blood you feeding those Skeeters ??????

Todd

spanner

An Aussie BLUE STeed owner
Bike
ST1100A
What I HAVE hit and what I have NEARLY hit.

HIT
206 KPH on the speedo
the centre median gutter trying to avoid a wild lane change from a tin-top - I managed to slow down enough that the tyre hit the gutter, slipped and the bike went over and had zero damage to the bike but my strides and clod hoppers were rooted.
a HUGE bug that splattered all over my face and made me dizzy - see photo

NEARLY HIT
large camel
more roos than I care to mention
nearly hit a coupl wild dogs
a large black bullock on a night ride ..... thank god I had seen some roos earlier up the road and was driving below the speed limit or else I would have most certainly taken out that beast.
eagle who are eating road kill

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
What I HAVE hit and what I have NEARLY hit.

HIT
206 KPH on the speedo
gutter, slipped and the bike went over and had zero damage to the bike but my strides and clod hoppers were rooted.

NEARLY HIT
large camel

a large black bullock on a night ride ..... thank god I had seen some roos earlier up the road and was driving below the speed limit or else I would have most certainly taken out that beast.
eagle who are eating road kill
Wow......Ok help out us not Ausssie.......

Strides...?

Clodhoppers..???

Large Black Bullock ????

Love the terms....just wish I knew what they were?

You da-Man for missing anything Downunder.

Thanks for posting, ToddC

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Was going to ask the same... what does all that mean? Rooted? Also, how does a bike "go over" at 206 kph and have zero damage? Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

Bike
2001 ST1100
It's not just the mosquitoes. In reality it is the Moose that will kill you. In Newfoundland they no longer recommend you drive at night in rural areas. "Avoid driving at night if possible," (http://www.roads.gov.nl.ca/department/moose.html ) Rider fatalities on a bike are 35 X higher than they are a car.
They are starting to show up in increasing numbers around us as well.
Not something you want to hit.
moose.jpg

Fatjock

STOC #8872
Bike
'18 Glowing Tour DCT
STOC #
Wow......Ok help out us not Ausssie.......

Strides...?

Clodhoppers..???

Large Black Bullock ????

Love the terms....just wish I knew what they were?

You da-Man for missing anything Downunder.

Thanks for posting, ToddC

Strides...? = Trousers, or pants in the US.

Clodhoppers..??? = Boots

Large Black Bullock ???? = A bullock is a young bull, so I believe this one was black in color, and of a fair size!

16 years in the US, and I can still remember some English (even the 'Strine, version)!

Rooted? = I'm guessing it means they were FUBAR.

Top Bottom