What is it about MC Wheels and Tires

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
That'll work, postage stamp size though... ;)
All Alaska vids work, only the UK and Zeeland ones won't... must be some BREXIT thing... :biggrin:
Thanks - that's what I am seeing on machine and haven't figured out why.
As I said, the HTML code is exactly the same for all of the webpages and the videos should be same format.
Yeah, they are only 320X240 so on a small device they would appear postage stamp size.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Yeah, they are only 320X240 so on a small device they would appear postage stamp size.
ya-think?

pscreen_UP_vid site.jpg

Zis is standard laptop; at the office I've a wide gaming-screen (ideal to view building blueprints), guess I wouldn't even find it there... :rofl1:

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Andrew - Did the 'Up Hardknott Pass' video play okay for you?
On my Android tablet using Edge yes. Using Firefox audio only.
On my laptop running Windows 10 the videos don't play using either Edge or Firefox, audio only.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
On my Android tablet using Edge yes. Using Firefox audio only.
On my laptop running Windows 10 the videos don't play using either Edge or Firefox, audio only.
Thanks!
It's a strange issue that I am still trying to figure out.
What puzzles me as I said, some work and some don't and they all have identical HTML.
At one time they all worked which makes it even more confusing.
I guess there is some sort of 'difference' between the videos themselves though they were all created with the same tools. :think1:

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
ya-think?
Zis is standard laptop; at the office I've a wide gaming-screen (ideal to view building blueprints), guess I wouldn't even find it there... :rofl1:
Come on now - that's a lot bigger that postage stamp size - at least compared to US stamps.
Just get you some magnifying glasses or binoculars ...
A lot of sugar for a nickel but if you right click on the video you can open it in another tab and it will let you go full screen. ;)
I don't know why it will not let you go full screen by clicking on the icon on the page as it is.
Ah, technology - nice when it works until it doesn't! :biggrin:

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
My forehead is flat from banging it against the desktop but I finally figured it out.
Please check and see if you can play the 'UP TO HARDKNOTT PASS' video (though you may not be able to see it well! ;))
It appears that my video producing software decided to swap codecs somewhere along the update trail.
Once I found a piece of software that showed me what a video's codec was, I could compare one that worked with one that didn't.
Then I had to convert it to the 'currently acceptable' codec. :nuts:
It now works on my desktop Edge and I would be curious if it works on your's before I convert the other 'problem' children.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Both seem ok now. But can't make em big .. I don't see a full screen icon.
You have to have 'SHOW ALL TOOLS CHECKED' then you see a little 'square' sort of icon on the 'PLAY/STOP' bar at the bottom of the video.
But for some reason it only works if you open the video in its own tab by right clicking on it.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Can't take credit for this one, just a cool idea of folks who think outside the box.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Please check and see if you can play the 'UP TO HARDKNOTT PASS' video
TA-DAHHH! :cool:
Yep, that's the "road"...
As printed in the Travel Guide: a pleasant adventure for hub dampers, suspension, wheels and kidney-stones... ;)
(probably your dental-fillings too...)
(though you may not be able to see it well! ;))
errrr... no, we don't... VHS mode, probably 640x400, milky, like through a vail... full-screen won't help that at all ;)
And: I was taught to walk faster if I hear banjos... :biggrin:

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
TA-DAHHH! :cool:
Yep, that's the "road"...
As printed in the Travel Guide: a pleasant adventure for hub dampers, suspension, wheels and kidney-stones... ;)
(probably your dental-fillings too...)

errrr... no, we don't... VHS mode, probably 640x400, milky, like through a vail... full-screen won't help that at all ;)
And: I was taught to walk faster if I hear banjos... :biggrin:
I love all the signs that basically say 'YOU'RE GONNA DIE IF YOU TAKE THIS ROAD'.
I can say it was a bit of trick to nurse a ST1300 up and down it - especially those 3 hairpins going up.
I didn't find Wrynose that big of a deal after HardKnott. ;)

sirbike

Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1300A
2024 Miles
I’ll post a picture since the browser says not secure. He’s so busy it doesn’t matter. I’ve had some work done by Rhon at frame straight system.

Woody’s is great. A buddy has had wheels built and work done there and lived at Woody’s for some months.

Rohn is great and perhaps less shipping to and from Tennessee. I don’t know how turn around times compare.
IMG_6309.png

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I’ll post a picture since the browser says not secure.
Only because it still has not been migrated to the newer https standard. I don't think that there is any danger going to their site.

For those who prefer not to visit their site but who might be interested, see below.
Rohn Jon's Frame Straight
214 Brisbane Rd., Suite 1
Oak Ridge , TN 37830
Phone 586 246 4500
E-mail RJP916@gmail.com

This shop sounds like a good option to have, especially for East coasters. They claim a finished tolerance less than most other wheel straightening shops that I have looked at. Many will state that they will get as close to zero run-out as possible but will only guarantee to be less than the allowable run-out stated by the manufacturer. On the ST1300 that is a 0.080". If I am paying to have a wheel straightened I certainly want it to be well below that.

OP
OP
Belisaerio
Bike
2020 BMW K1600GTL
Equipment most tyre shops use can't securely hold MC wheel for tyre-mounting or bending. Usually has some sort of cone that fits into centrebore of wheel. Doesn't work on MC wheels.

Or they have some sort of expanding part that grips centrebore of wheel.
Good to know. At least there's a reason

Top Bottom