Where did you ride today?

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
I did a quick 150 miles today riding around my area looking at the burn devastation around Pampa, Canadian, and Miami Texas. Lots of black prairie.
Good time to be selling wooden fence posts. If we ever get any rain it will make some really green pastures where the burns happened. I did see some burnt structures around Fritch and Canadian. Not too sure those around Canadian were burned in the last big fire they had several years ago.

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
And now for something completely different. I have been a closet Vesperati for a few years and while I loved the cute factor of the 150, it was always a bit limited in the places we could go. Full noise (on the flat, tucked in) was just about 100km/hr, but throw a hill or wind in and it was a bit too slow for the open road or freeway. Not so the mighty 2020 GTS300 that I have just acquired, with a (mildly) searing 26 bhp and (small) stump-pulling torque, this one is actually open-road capable and very comfortable cruising at 110km/hr or more, including up hills. I've been performing an overdue service this week, so a fine autumn day was perfect to see if I had chronically screwed anything up when I replaced brake pads, the drive belt and rollers, brake fluid, coolant, oil and filters and adjusted the tappets. I covered about 200km and took in some lovely scenic spots around the Firth of Thames and Waitemata Harbour.

With 12" wheels there is psychological terror that bumps at speed might set off a wobble, but actually I had a fear-free ride, with just some adjustment needed for the very light steering and odd brake balance (very rear biased due to the weight of the engine and trans) and obviously a bit lacking in acceleration for high-speed overtakes. Lots of fun though! IMG_6248.JPGIMG_6247.JPGIMG_6245.JPGIMG_6244.JPGIMG_6246.JPGare going to

OP
OP
W0QNX

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
Down to Midland, TX and back today. 550 miles but no pretty scenery to show for it unless you like oil wells.
I can't agree with that. We started making the trip from Wichita KS. to Big Spring via Wichita Falls way back in 77 and I always enjoyed driving across there. Seymour, Munday, Haskell, Stamford and on to Snyder I always enjoyed that drive. True West Texas cowboy towns back then.

They have stripped down a lot of the old Mesquite pastures and turned them into wheat fields since then and the wind generators are countless around Snyder to Big Springs. But I wouldn't mind seeing a good picture of some Texas rock mesa's.

Tedbrogden

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Versys 1000LT
2024 Miles
I can't agree with that. We started making the trip from Wichita KS. to Big Spring via Wichita Falls way back in 77 and I always enjoyed driving across there. Seymour, Munday, Haskell, Stamford and on to Snyder I always enjoyed that drive. True West Texas cowboy towns back then.

They have stripped down a lot of the old Mesquite pastures and turned them into wheat fields since then and the wind generators are countless around Snyder to Big Springs. But I wouldn't mind seeing a good picture of some Texas rock mesa's.

Top Bottom