WI: Tag

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
I gave you all 2 weeks to get it your self.

Old tag is the church in La Crosse that Curt Gran's memorial service was held.

IMG_2934 (Large).jpg

New tag a little north east of the old.

IMG_2952 (Large).jpg

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
Dang!! I had it located and mapped out for my retrieval next week. No clue where the new tag is. You just removed that from my list of things to do.

Skip

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
You just removed that from my list of things to do
There are plenty of things to see and do in the area. LOTS of paved roads to explore.

Lets clarify that I am talking about the Spring Green area, not where the tag is at.

Last edited:

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
New tag a little north east of the old.
I'd say a lot North and East of the old. But no matter for me because it is actually closer for me now than the last one. ;)

Skip, I'll throw you a bone since you're from out of state and you're riding pretty far to visit us. The current tag is in the Stephenson Island Logging Museum in Marinette. I'm not sure it's worth your while anymore to get this tag since the best roads in the state are in the southwest and I don't know how long you will be staying.

BTW, back about 40 years ago I used to spend a week up in Marinette every summer staying with one of my childhood friends that had moved up there...

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
I guess this sat for long enough. Old tag was where I mentioned in the post right above:

Stevenson Logging Museum.jpg

New tag will look familiar to some since it appeared a few years ago but since the owners of the barn took it upon themselves to freshen up the paint I thought it worthy of another shot...

Switchers1.jpg

Another cool building on the same property. I think ACL would have gotten a kick out of this one...

Switchers2.jpg

Mary-Anne

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Tracer 900 GT
STOC #
I know that place!

ST tag 2.jpg

The last time this barn was used, Curt moved it w/in a couple of hours. So, in memory of Curt, I moved it to the same spot he did.

St tag 1.jpg

Last edited:

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
The last time this barn was used, Curt moved it w/in a couple of hours. So, in memory of Curt, I moved it to the same spot he did.
Mary-Anne, kind of had a hunch I might get you out chasing this one since I think you were the one that originally posted it a few years ago.

Drove right past that chicken on Saturday morning. Every time I see it it reminds me of Curt's photo...

Mary-Anne

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Tracer 900 GT
STOC #
Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug....

Missed it by about 45 minutes! And after I threw Mary-Anne a bone in the Alphabet Tag.
Oops (NOT!) :D

Are you telling me I have to take the long way home tomorrow? Well . . . if you insist . . . I'll try.

Last edited:

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
:)Old Tag was in Watertown. After no luck searching the WEB I had to sift through your TAG history to find it.
Good clues!!

New Tag is a little bit South.
Great new N IL tag, by the way. I have one in mind but am actually a bit skeered to get it!. My poor searching skills need a hint for this one, please.

Greg

Bike
2010 ST/2002 GL1800
Nothing wrong with your skills Greg. Check my WI-A to Z game post that does not count due to my lack of research skills. ("P")
I think it wood take 4 Aaron Rodgers throws toward the south to get you there from that post. I did take another Picture Clue while I was there if needed.
:)Old Tag was in Watertown. After no luck searching the WEB I had to sift through your TAG history to find it.
Good clues!!

New Tag is a little bit South.

Bike
2000 BMW K1200
Waiting for the corn dryer to empty the wet corn bin, it is 70 degrees on November 3, just had to do this tag. Old Tag the public beach on Pell Lake. New tag another business with fiberglass animals next to their sign. Marv the business owner has both an R1150RT and a C14 Kawasaki.

Attachments

Last edited:

MR Q.

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
This tag was just down the road from where I grew up, just off of Wildcat Rd. With a half day of vacation and a route heading in that direction, thought I would stop by for a little photo. New tag is a little closer to my current home.

Attachments

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
After lying on my side I determined that the old tag was the Fond du Lac lighthouse on the shores of Lake Winnebago. Once I got there, I found out that you could climb up to the top to get some good views of the surrounding area.

FondduLac Lighthouse.jpg

Next tag location is a little more friendly to our neighbors to the west. Let's hope Paul doesn't move it near Duluth... ;)

Onalaska.jpg

Top Bottom