Woo Hoo - the bird flies! (don't need no stinking conveyer belt....)

OP
OP
Raven

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
Just wanted to throw out a couple of updated photos. Ended up using a plastic battery box to shape the rear and house the electronics. I love my ST and, even looking like a frankenbike, she's smooth as smooth but am considering letting her go.

I recently picked up a 2006 Aprilia Caponord for an incredible price and I'm really liking it.

Attachments

JPKalishek

Armadillo Kicker
Bike
2 '91 ST 1100
Looks fine to me! My nekkid ST needs some more work. Left head leaks oil into the spark plug holes. Need a better front fairing set up etc. Envious of your Aprilia acquisition.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raven

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
This is a Caponord - sexy Italian.....
:D

Has a 6.5 gallon tank so the range isn't too bad (not an ST but....).

Bike
Vstrom 650
Hi, how is the caponord doing for you,just seen a nice 06 abs one for sale here,any problems with it? looks like it has good power from the specs,might be an alternative to a wee strom.

OP
OP
Raven

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
Sorry to be so late in reply!

I'm really liking the Capo and it is certainly a great value for the money. If you check out the aprillia forum you'll see that the fuel connectors need to be changed from plastic to metal and there are some wiring connectors that need attention but it's a fierce ride and can handle long miles on pavement or dirt.

I've done a couple of iron butt rides on it and, while not as smooth as the ST, it certainly holds its own.

It rides lighter than the V-strom and is more stable and has better range than the Wee (I've ridden both stroms and like the Capo better than either - it just fits and rides better).

Bike
Vstrom 650
It rides lighter than the V-strom and is more stable and has better range than the Wee (I've ridden both stroms and like the Capo better than either - it just fits and rides better).
Thanks Raven, what height,leg size are you?
did you change the screen? just looking now at an immaculate 02 model with full luggage, it's been maintained in perfect condition by a mature owner since new,if I can get it for the right price it's going to be a nice addition to the collection.the engine has more power than the vee.
Where did you get the metal fuel connectors and from what I'm reading the reg rectifier needs to be upgraded as well as some brown wiring connectors. the owner has already installed new/better coils.

Top Bottom