This thread has been sticked forever.
OP
OP
catcher

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
Took advantage of the incredibly warm weather yesterday, to explore... I'd seen an enticing road near our '24 venue on Google maps, and became curious. Turns out, I barely made it through on this "Mountain Road". A puddle parade, with lots of water! Well over a foot deep in places. Although the bike's too heavy, and I'm too old, I didn't go down... actually I could hardly believe I made it. Would I try it again? Not a chance! Well, maybe on a proper dirt bike... Saw several machines splashing their way through, but they had training wheels front and back! (aka four wheelers)

Adventure Biking 1.jpgAdventure Biking 2.jpgAdventure Biking 3.jpg

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A

This important info just in:

Only 24 more days until Christmas.

Only 258 more days until WoodSToc.

You might have a reason to not be ready for Christmas.
You have no reason not to be ready for WoodSToc.

I reserved a dome for Cherie and I, we will arrive on Wednesday and stay to Sunday. I think I will plan an interesting route with short riding days to get out there, hopefully the trip out will be as enjoyable as the event.
I too am doing the same for the ride out. But staying in Woodstock with family and/or friends. Riding out through Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine and direct into Woodstock on I-95. I will leave a few days to get out there by Wednesday aft. Then leave Sunday and come home through Quebec.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
@catcher perhaps you should update the first post and title to reflect we're not in Woodstock? Just so folks don't possibly book there when we're 46 minutes out of town.

BTW have you had any interaction with the River Run folks to see if there's any cabin status update?

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
As the four domes are all booked up now, for anyone wanting the more luxurious B&B flare, there seems to be a place nearby that looks decent.
I have no experience with it though, nor am I aware of the availability. It's a 4 min drive away.

Google map

The 6 cabins at River Run are still under construction according to the website.

OP
OP
catcher

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
Ah yes, I have much optimism regarding the second year for the WoodSToc event. Location is better, especially the fact that I can call the new venue a resort, and I'd only be exaggerating just a bit! Important to note, it's not at the town of Woodstock like last year, but actually closer to Fredericton. The "under construction" reference to the cabins will remain a while yet, because it's winter. All the cabins exist - I've seen them. However, they need some trimming out inside. I can't reach anyone just now, but I will.

OP
OP
catcher

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
Yes, the bridge is good! And who knows, maybe the potato chip factory will be rebuilt. I expect it will. A new building is the easy part. Getting the equipment replaced may take a while. Lots of potatoes stored off site, so no need to wait for another year's crop. However, all we ST-Owners may have to go in and peel potatoes for a couple of weeks, lol !!

I was unsuccessful at booking a mid week to mid week off for this to ensure I could attend all riding including the Saturday ride together. I could take one day to get home on the Sunday but 1300 km (although done before more than once) in one day is more than I really want to take on. So now I’m hoping to make it to ride with y’all for Thursday and Friday before heading home Saturday. Will just need to await more about start/meet info at a closer date.
I will be riding down from Woodstock and back at the start/end of each day as I’ll be with family/friends there.

For those in inclined, just down the street at the same exit as Covered Bridge Potato Chip Factory is the Moonshine Creek Distillery. The Peppermint Patrick is a peppermint chocolate liquor and is outstanding! Great sipping drink, an add to coffee, or over ice cream.

Happy Rob

Rob
Bike
2004 ST 1300
STOC #
Mrs Happy Rob and I just booked our ferry from Newfoundland Monday Aug 12. Brand spanking shiny new ferry. Only $1000 for return trip. This better be worth it!!!Someone better make space for our camper next to their fancy pod!!!
I miss OBOs memes as time is getting closer.
happy rob

Top Bottom