Just received this email from Honda.

The same bike I paid $12,500 for a couple of years ago is now $18,200. Where's the $6000 in improvements???

The same bike I paid $12,500 for a couple of years ago is now $18,200. Where's the $6000 in improvements???

Honda typically increases the same-model MSRP by at least $500 each year, from what I've seen on their sites...

You don't really expect to pay the same price for a bike that's 4 years newer than yours do you? Even if they both have zero miles, it's just not gonna happen. There was a 2k jump from the 2010 to 2012 model so it's more of a jump than I've seen in the past but I've never paid MSRP for a new bike anyway so that number is just for giggles.

I realize that, Mellow, but it's still a $3000 jump for no "new and improved" stuff. The cost of everything is going up except my income :-(

I rarely see the cost of everything go down... if they sold this bike 20 years ago it would probably cost 4k.

Oh.. just wait though... if a new one does come out with new and improved stuff.... it won't be cheap.. LOL

Honda really should compete with Kawasaki and make something w/features of the C14 at a competitive price... bet that would sell... but, who knows.

Wow! A $2000 increase in MSRP! While nobody pays MSRP, I have to wonder how much the actual cost to the dealers has gone up. It will be interesting to see what the bike will actually be selling for. Interesting strategy on Honda's part though...

I was curious so I looked up yamaha's 2012 FJR. Of course, it's also pretty much unchnaged for 2012 with the exception of adding heated grips and a new color, Cobalt Blue. MSRP has gone up $100 to $15,590.

Kawasaki's Concours 14 is also a carry-over from 2011, but it comes in TWO COLORS! Ebony/Flat Super Black, and Candy Arabian Red/Flat Super Black. MSRP is $15,899. Bravo to Kawasaki for their innovations and the changes they've made in this machine.

Maybe we'll see some new models from Honda and Yamaha in 2013. In the meantime, I'm happy with my 2007 and don't have any plans to upgrade.

Rick

Since my '06 is the same does that mean my bike is worth more today? :)

There really is only a 531.00 jump in price. The 2010 abs list is 17,699.00. The 2012 only comes in abs and list at 18,230.00.
That leaves only 531.00 Close to the yearly 500.00 increase. ;) Actually less if you take out 2011 it is only a 265.50 a year increase.
Not so bad!!

Don't complain guys. Our (Canada) 2010 ST1300 was listed at $19,999 MSRP. Who knows what the 2012 will be.

What are you complaining about ? I paid 18,800 EURO back in 2004 after getting a big discount on the list price.

I realize that, Mellow, but it's still a $3000 jump for no "new and improved" stuff. The cost of everything is going up except my income :-(

The price has been rising because your dollars are worth fewer yen than they used to be. Honda ate a whole lot of that fluctuation for a few years, and at some point something has to give.

--Mark

Maybe police forces are buying the white ST13's so Honda decided to keep it in production... :shrug1:

Even with the price going up each year you can still buy a new ST for much less than MSRP. Just purchase my new 2010 and managed to beat them down to 12,900.00. 3000.00 off thanks to Honda and the rest thanks to a dealer that was motivated to move it off his floor. I was more that happy to help him move it to my garage, now we are both happy.

I'm waiting on the new Triumph Explorer news... he he he he! :D I thought the Honda Crosstourer was cool, but the Triumph has cruise control... he he he he! :D

Back
Top Bottom