Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #

JPrieST

Don't squat with your spurs on
Bike
2014 FJR1300ES
STOC #
I use Chrome, but it is the same in Edge so I assume IE as well: Go to youtube, on the left side you will see Home, Trending, Subscriptions etc. Scroll down that column maybe a couple pages worth of scrolling and you will see "Live".

JPrieST

Bike
2014 FJR1300ES
STOC #
You could also go to the Itchy Boots youtube page and I would wager quite a lot that when she goes live, it will be the top option on the page!

JPrieST

Bike
2014 FJR1300ES
STOC #
Good to know that Royal Enfield of the Netherlands has loaned her another Himalayan to get around on.
I'd be willing to bet every single RE dealer in the western world has sold several due to her influence. And probably in most other countries as well. They will do all they can to keep their best sales person happy!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Shuey thanks for the link. I was going to go get something to eat but I'll just take a peek — next thing I known it's an hour and a half later! That was really entertaining.

One thing– what was that Project 1 fabric thing? I couldn't tell from her accent if it was a tote / hijab or what.

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
what was that Project 1 fabric thing?
I thought it was a tube type thing that can be worn a bunch of different ways.
Is that called a 'buff'?

Turns out I got to see it live. Used my Firestick/wifi with my dumb tv. It just popped right up as her latest episode.

JPrieST

Bike
2014 FJR1300ES
STOC #
I thought it was a tube type thing that can be worn a bunch of different ways.
Is that called a 'buff'?
Yep, if in doubt you can google it. It is what she always wears while riding, at least on dirt.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
or buff as she calls it.
Ah that's what I thought maybe I sorta heard but didn't understand. It seems BUFF® is a brand name and may be like Kleenex or Xerox for these things. I thought it might some kind of aprés shower thing. Glad that got cleared up.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
BUFF® is a brand name
Yes. I have two of them: a very lightweight one I keep with my SCUBA gear to reduce sun exposure on my neck, and a thicker microfleece version that rides (rode) in my tank bag, for rides on cool days.

I never pulled it up into my helmet and wore it mask-style a la Noraly, but would alternate between wearing it as a "neck gaiter" and as a balaclava. The idea I was after was to provide a barrier against airflow down the neck of my riding jacket. It worked well, especially when combined ith a turtleneck and a couple other layers.

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I never pulled it up into my helmet and wore it mask-style a la Noraly, but would alternate between wearing it as a "neck gaiter" and as a balaclava. The idea I was after was to provide a barrier against airflow down the neck of my riding jacket. It worked well, especially when combined ith a turtleneck and a couple other layers.
Between the nose guard (?) and the chin curtain of my helmets and lack of dust I'd probably never wear one under the helmet either. But as a neck gaiter I see a lot of value. Riding along the coast in the morning with my heated jacket and gloves is great but the wind on my neck (front and back) is in stark contrast to being toasty warm.

I'll try to get one or two to support Noraly. If not then Buff it is. I stlll have my Apple Warmer but it's a little to small for my helmets. It was a little inconvenient to use but on occasion it was just what was needed.

Top Bottom