Itchy Boots

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Hmm... Dean was asking about her website where her written articles/posts/Blogs are (www.itchyboots.com). That’s what I responded to. If you subscribe on the website you will get a notification of new material added to the site. It’s been a little while since there was something new.

Noraly’s videos (aka Vlog) are on YouTube. If you subscribe to her channel and click the bell icon you’ll get text alerts of new videos.

Edit: I see Keith poSTed while I was composing. I too have not yet been assimilated by the FB Borg.

John
Thanks. I didn't know about the website. I'll go there next.
I'm now subscribed to her VLOGs . . . whatever, and have rung the bell! :D

Shuey

("FB Borg" . . . love it!)

Bike
2020 Tracer 900GT
STOC #
Good to see Noraly back in Holland with the future of her trip in temporary limbo. Even though she is a seasoned traveller, it is probably a relief to her to be back with family.

JPrieST

Don't squat with your spurs on
Bike
2014 FJR1300ES
STOC #
So far no mention on Facebook or on her website. I don't do Instagram so I don't know about there.

GGely

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100 Non ABS
STOC #
I reached out to Noraly on Twitter asking how to attend the chat but no reply yet.

When I hear from her, I’ll update this thread.

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
Hi All: yes, it is a big relief to have our favourite long distance rider-lady back safe and sound isn’t it?

I was going to point out that her channel on YouTube is really good with all of her videos nicely organized and easy to follow (I’m not on FB or Instagram either). In fact, YouTube has become my go-to for daily entertainment. There are some superb channels on there regardless of your interest or tolerance for silliness.
Cheers,

Pete

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
I’m a YouTube “live chat” noob...

How does this work? I got the announcement post a few hours ago in the Community tab on her YT channel. But how do I watch the chat when it goes live? TIA

Edit: just found a “Live” button hidden off-screen in the sliding menu bar at my subscriptions base page (before selecting one of them). Clicking on it gets a pop up:
“Your subscriptions aren’t live streaming right now. Come back later”
I’m guessing that’s the spot to click on at noon on Friday...

John

Last edited:
Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Edit: just found a “Live” button hidden off-screen in the sliding menu bar at my subscriptions base page (before selecting one of them). Clicking on it gets a pop up:
“Your subscriptions aren’t live streaming right now. Come back later”
I’m guessing that’s the spot to click on at noon on Friday...
I'm not finding this 'live' button John.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
I'm not finding this 'live' button John.
I’m on my iPhone, Dean. Haven’t looked at the iPad Pro or Lenovo desktop. Here what the YT screen looks like:
—————-
D3BE1082-C54C-44FF-AD6C-76642B7C069E.jpeg
————
I opened the app and clicked on “Subscriptions” (highlighted red icon at bottom). Nothing else, other than sliding the menu bar to expose the “Live” button.

John

Last edited:

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I probably wouldn't ask any questions anyway, so just easier for me to wait until she posts that Q&A episode. That's the way I saw the others.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
While we did skip ahead to the most recent 10 episodes or so to see how she dealt with Covid, we're still not finished with season 1. So far, she has her Garmin, but seems to rarely use it, just keeps on using her phone. Did I miss something, does she comment on this?

Top Bottom