Trustworthy Talented Tech in Dallas Texas?

I appreciate everyone telling me to man-up and do it myself.

That is actually part of the plan, but I was hoping to hire someone who could get me going in the right direction.

I wish @Igofar was closer to me, but I do appreciate all the tips he has provided so far.

I am still looking for someone in Dallas as well.

It's a sad testament that there are so many motorcycle shops in Dallas, yet precious few that anyone will recommend publicly.

I'm sure there are at least a couple forum members who live in Dallas Forth Worth area that could probably help you check out your bike....
Bueller.....Bueller....Bueller?
:rolleyes:

I've got a couple of leads with potential from my DFW motorcycle groups on Facebook.

Step one, filter out everyone who doesn't know what a SMC is... Lol

I imagine not everyone from Dallas on this forum checks in every day.

I'm still trying to find a good local tech who can help me with my St1300.

Thanks for your time.

I'm just curious here. Is it really that difficult to get a decent bike service?
Dealerships, the world over, are very hit & miss. Prices are also usually astronomical. You've probably been lucky, but I wouldn't say you're unique.

For parts and knowledge, I use the parts guy at my local Honda dealership - if he doesn't know it off the top of his head, I've never seen him take longer than 30mins to lay his hand on the right book/website, and I'm fairly convinced the guy could order me a couple of molars from a hen if I asked him. Doesn't charge a penny over what it costs to buy in.

I can swing a wrench & use a soldering iron, I've replaced an engine or 3 etc, but I can't be bothered with it these days. When I called the same local Honda shop to book the ST13 in, a friend of 20 years happened to be working on the desk, and replied "I shouldn't tell you this, but no-one is in earshot, take it to Triumph instead, our best mechanic has just left us & started there." So now, my bike gets serviced by the Honda mechanic with 25 years experience, he just happens to have a Triumph sign over his head while he works. I'm sure the mechanic still calls the local Honda with "Hey, do you have any... in stock, can I send someone to get it?"

And if Larry would be so kind as to move to the correct continent, I would still take my bike to him.

I've got a couple of leads with potential from my DFW motorcycle groups on Facebook.

Thanks for your time.
Here's another Texas' source you may want to look through: https://www.twtex.com/forums/

Thanks for your time.

Have you tried DFW Honda? They still service the Police bikes (those that remain). I know they are very familiar with the bike. Mark is one of the best mechanics, I would always ask for him when I took my police bike in.

I also use A&R Motorsports in Haltom City. They work on a lot of different bikes and are good guys, I have never taken my ST there but that's only because I have never needed them. They always do my tires and we have talked about the ST a lot. They know the difficulties and how many points there are on the brakes to properly flush and they know what an SMC is.

I can help with the tuperware removal, I do small things on my bike but I am no mechanic. Igofar should be able to help you over the phone to see if you need a new windshield motor or not.

I know Tucson is 1,000 miles but you can't go wrong with Larry!

Top Bottom