Trustworthy Talented Tech in Dallas Texas?

OP
OP
Jay Freddy
I appreciate everyone telling me to man-up and do it myself.

That is actually part of the plan, but I was hoping to hire someone who could get me going in the right direction.

I wish @Igofar was closer to me, but I do appreciate all the tips he has provided so far.

I am still looking for someone in Dallas as well.

It's a sad testament that there are so many motorcycle shops in Dallas, yet precious few that anyone will recommend publicly.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I'm sure there are at least a couple forum members who live in Dallas Forth Worth area that could probably help you check out your bike....
Bueller.....Bueller....Bueller?
:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Jay Freddy
I've got a couple of leads with potential from my DFW motorcycle groups on Facebook.

Step one, filter out everyone who doesn't know what a SMC is... Lol

I imagine not everyone from Dallas on this forum checks in every day.

I'm still trying to find a good local tech who can help me with my St1300.

Thanks for your time.

Bike
2002 ST1300A
STOC #
I'm just curious here. Is it really that difficult to get a decent bike service?
Dealerships, the world over, are very hit & miss. Prices are also usually astronomical. You've probably been lucky, but I wouldn't say you're unique.

For parts and knowledge, I use the parts guy at my local Honda dealership - if he doesn't know it off the top of his head, I've never seen him take longer than 30mins to lay his hand on the right book/website, and I'm fairly convinced the guy could order me a couple of molars from a hen if I asked him. Doesn't charge a penny over what it costs to buy in.

I can swing a wrench & use a soldering iron, I've replaced an engine or 3 etc, but I can't be bothered with it these days. When I called the same local Honda shop to book the ST13 in, a friend of 20 years happened to be working on the desk, and replied "I shouldn't tell you this, but no-one is in earshot, take it to Triumph instead, our best mechanic has just left us & started there." So now, my bike gets serviced by the Honda mechanic with 25 years experience, he just happens to have a Triumph sign over his head while he works. I'm sure the mechanic still calls the local Honda with "Hey, do you have any... in stock, can I send someone to get it?"

And if Larry would be so kind as to move to the correct continent, I would still take my bike to him.

Sheriff41

Chuck
Bike
'05 ST1300A
STOC #
I've got a couple of leads with potential from my DFW motorcycle groups on Facebook.

Thanks for your time.
Here's another Texas' source you may want to look through: https://www.twtex.com/forums/

Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #

Thanks for your time.
Have you tried DFW Honda? They still service the Police bikes (those that remain). I know they are very familiar with the bike. Mark is one of the best mechanics, I would always ask for him when I took my police bike in.

I also use A&R Motorsports in Haltom City. They work on a lot of different bikes and are good guys, I have never taken my ST there but that's only because I have never needed them. They always do my tires and we have talked about the ST a lot. They know the difficulties and how many points there are on the brakes to properly flush and they know what an SMC is.

I can help with the tuperware removal, I do small things on my bike but I am no mechanic. Igofar should be able to help you over the phone to see if you need a new windshield motor or not.

I know Tucson is 1,000 miles but you can't go wrong with Larry!

Top Bottom