We are honored with Allen Millyard working an 1100!

Great video, thanks for posting it.
What I found strange, was that nowhere in it you could see a shop manual/instructions for it. But I guess that someone with that amount of motorcycle engine's knowledge doesn't need one. Impressive.
He's been snopp'n around here !

i think most of us noticed that he stuck a probe in the crankcase to feel the bottom of the connecting rods. My guess is there are some that aren't to spec. And they may have been oil starved from that poor seal in the oil pump outlet.
Now let's see how wrong I am!

Damn.
Makes me wish I had learned something USEFUL in school.
But, Nooooooo. I had to go and learn computer junk.
Doesn't help my mechanic'ing one little bit.

Mr Millyard is an absolute legend....

I suspect many here have seen his Honda CBX project with the somewhat modified engine....... or his V10 Viper engine monster.....

Mr Millyard is an absolute legend....

I suspect many here have seen his Honda CBX project with the somewhat modified engine....... or his V10 Viper engine monster.....
Never seen a CBX by Allen, he did build a V-12 from 2 Kawasaki KZ-1300's sixes

You are right about the Kwacker and possibly the CBX as I can't find the thing.... but I did find one by another guy possibly in South Africa!

i think most of us noticed that he stuck a probe in the crankcase to feel the bottom of the connecting rods. My guess is there are some that aren't to spec.
Might be as simple as a slightly "loose" crank t/belt pulley...
And they may have been oil starved from that poor seal in the oil pump outlet.
Wouldn't that trigger the oil pressure switch?
But let's stay tuned what his findings are...

Great video, thanks for posting it.
What I found strange, was that nowhere in it you could see a shop manual/instructions for it. But I guess that someone with that amount of motorcycle engine's knowledge doesn't need one. Impressive.

True that - but I have noted that there is are many key topics related to Allen's videos that are not shown.

...for example, his astounding accuracy with a simple (and slightly battered) old hacksaw....

Last edited:
Just watched his video, and wow !

You can see it is not the first engine he is working on, just by the calm confidence he have, knowing where are located the different part of the engine, what part does what, how it is made, how to disassemble, reassemble, etc. I would take hundreds of pictures as I work, and notes, to be sure to reassemble everything right. I guess it's all too evident for him, in his head.

Very cool and fun to watch.

Great video. Really.

Last edited:
Just watched his video, and wow ! You can see it is not the first engine he is working on...............,

Very cool and fun to watch. Great video. Really.

Go to his YT page and you'll see a full library of build / project videos. He is really quite extraordinary, doing his thing in a quiet, unassuming way.

I was surprised by the way the transmission is set up, a separate unit like that, is the 1300 the same way?

I've just watched a 50 minutes video about him ( on the youtube channel of MoreBikes.co.uk ) , where he talks about him, his background, how it all started, etc...

And then he shows up his relatively small garage and his couple tools....

He doesn't have so much tools. No big shinny snap-on multi-drawer tools chest.

He does everything whit a few ratchet and sockets, a few spanners, a few pliers, etc. Says he doesn't need more than a few reliable tools. o_O

Last edited:
In any aspect of life you meet experts. People who are simply better than you. Most simply can't wait to point this out. You know, their tone, snide remarks, self importance.
But then there are chaps and chapesses like Mr Millyard. Just so skilled, informed and capable that they aren't bothered about one-upmanship.
Mr Millyard is a rare creature, not only is he probably one of the best engineers on the planet but he's not in the least bit competitive or seeking adulation, he just does what he does and allows mere mortals to watch from the sidelines.
Rare indeed, a humble genius.
Hats off to you Sir.
Upt'North.

In any aspect of life you meet experts. People who are simply better than you. Most simply can't wait to point this out. You know, their tone, snide remarks, self importance.
But then there are chaps and chapesses like Mr Millyard. Just so skilled, informed and capable that they aren't bothered about one-upmanship.
Mr Millyard is a rare creature, not only is he probably one of the best engineers on the planet but he's not in the least bit competitive or seeking adulation, he just does what he does and allows mere mortals to watch from the sidelines.
Rare indeed, a humble genius.
Hats off to you Sir.
Upt'North.
Hear, hear @Upt' North

I'd like nothing more than to sit on a stool in the corner of his shed to watch him work ... maybe shuttle parts back and forth to the grill for him ... learn about the care and feeding of hedgehogs, marvel at a functioning vintage Charlie Weaver bartender (my favorite uncle had one on his basement bar when I was growing up), and snitch one of Tracy's cupcakes when she wasn't looking. And then return to enjoy a tea with her and Allen. Nice people!

Back
Top Bottom