We are honored with Allen Millyard working an 1100!

ChriSTian_64

Site Supporter
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
As for dialects... to a native English speaker (not French like ChriSTian), Millyard's Home Counties accent is very easy to understand.
Yeah.... And, beside that... you have to take into account that I am half deaf. :shout1:

I have to remember to remove my motorcycle helmet when I watch TV. :burnout:

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
So, at this point, do we conclude that the wrong bearing shell (green) on #1 cylinder was responsible for the slight knock he heard? He replaced 3 green shells and then put a brown one in for #1. Also, an oil seal was crimped, was this responsible for the slight galling on the bearing shells?

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Episode 4 is wonderful, he makes it look so easy……. I might have to find a junk engine and try my hand at rebuilding it. Before the other three people claim that brown bearing. ;)
When you've done the 'level' of 'mechanicing' that he's done, it probably is very easy for him. ;)

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
It's hard to believe this is a YouTube video without the presenter giving us erms and uhs and endless fumbling repetitive bits in K-Tel ad volume tones. Maybe a little editing helps him here but he just gets stuff done with a real economy of words.

I recently watched a video where the first thing the presenter says is something like "This is going to be a short video" and then blathers on ill prepared and "winging it" making a 5m video 15m long.

Millyard's patient calm narrative exudes a real feeling of Zen and motorcycle maintenance as an art. Something like that would be a great concept and title for a book.

I'm going to download all these ST videos and watch them from time to time. With all this rain it makes for pleasant view. I will pass on the tea and biscuits though. Hot chocolate and pie would be just perfect though.

Bike
VStrom 650
It's hard to believe this is a YouTube video without the presenter giving us erms and uhs and endless fumbling repetitive bits in K-Tel ad volume tones. Maybe a little editing helps him here but he just gets stuff done with a real economy of words.

I recently watched a video where the first thing the presenter says is something like "This is going to be a short video" and then blathers on ill prepared and "winging it" making a 5m video 15m long.

Millyard's patient calm narrative exudes a real feeling of Zen and motorcycle maintenance as an art. Something like that would be a great concept and title for a book.

I'm going to download all these ST videos and watch them from time to time. With all this rain it makes for pleasant view. I will pass on the tea and biscuits though. Hot chocolate and pie would be just perfect though.
Sorry Robert, it has to be tea and biccies. Coffee and hot chocolate are both very acceptable beverages but not when working on ones motorcycle.
It just wouldn't be cricket.
There are standards you know.
Upt'North.

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
Don't forget to check on the ground hogs periodically as well. Don't want them drowning with your monsoon weather.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
I envy him for managing to get some footage at all...
I am totally in "the zone" while on the job, hardly getting myself to take some decent photos... :confused:
Decent tunes in the background, a sip on a Coke bottle now and then, that's about it...

Smudgemo

Intermodal Man of Mystery
Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
Not too many people that would pull the engine for a noise like he described, much less know what action to take to rectify it.
I think this fourth installment is valuable for the guys who are doing the alternator swap or timing belt replacement to get a feel for what they're about to get into.

Top Bottom