Old Enough To Remember?

This was a very common tractor on farms in Norway when I had my first summer job as a 13-year-old and learned to drive a tractor on an MF135 :)
I have a farmer friend near Flisa who has GPS guided John Deere tractors. When he's out in his fields he's just sitting there watching things because the tractor is basically driving itself. He'll sometimes send me videos he takes with his drone while he's "driving" his tractors.
 
the holes were there to reduce wind resistance. In HS our teacher, former nfl player, used a redesigned 6 in wide conveyor belt to get in his words " maximum coverage" :scared2:
1758199622400.png
Our assistant principal was the school dispenser of justice. The wall behind his desk was covered with various paddles and torture devices (literally- a cat-o-nine tails, a spikes metal ball attached to a handle with a long chain) The perp sat in front of the desk so he/she could get good views of both Mr Roberts and the display behind him. Usually, all it took was a serious discussion on proper behavior to change one's ways.
 
When I was at school in Wales, our gym teacher would punish bad behaviour by giving you a 100 yard start aroud the playing field, then come after you with a spiked running shoe and give you a crack across the backside if he caught you.... Never be allowed in this day and age, but it worked wonders on your running speed! :eek::eek:
 
I went to Catholic school and up until grade 5, almost all the teachers were nuns & a couple of taps on an open palm with a yardstick & embarrassment in front of the class was all it took to straighten out miscreants... like me (I admit I was a smartass).
One nun (Sister Mary Elizabeth...I quite liked her) reserved a few firm "taps" on the backside over her knee for the worst offenders. One winter, my mother bought me my first pair of long johns (it was particularly cold that winter) and they were quite thick. In Sister M's class, for some reason, I got to wondering if my long johns would offer any protection... so I deliberately misbehaved.
I felt nothing so I laughed & the more I laughed the harder she whacked me (maybe 5 or 6 times) with no effect (other than some of my classmates laughing).

I did not have the protection of long johns after I got home & the great experiment ended. :(
 

Attachments

  • 1758202805164.jpeg
    1758202805164.jpeg
    17.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Our math teacher was a big fella who would bean students with a board eraser fast ball. Or wake them airborne as he lifted and slammed their desk a few times.
me in class :oops:
 
Last edited:
Our assistant principal was the school dispenser of justice.
In high school so was ours, and he took care of detention. He was a sadistic serial abuser of the male students who were kept for detention. At least amongst the student body it was a known dirty little secret that he used to beat on the boys with his fists. He was rather short so maybe he was suffering from an inferiority complex and beating on kids made him feel like a man. One day during detention he beat on the wrong kid, or he beat on him once to often would be more to the point. This kid had had enough of the beatings and he beat the crap out of this assistant principal. It was impossible to hide what had happened because the assistant principal was left with a black eye and a split lip. Of course, because it could no longer be covered up, all the staff and principal acted like they had no idea that this was going on and put on a big show about putting a stop to all violence of any form in the school. The punishment that this student dispensed was better than anything that the principal or the school board could possibly have done to this assistant principal. The humiliation that he suffered walking around the school for the next little while with his face all bruised and battered was priceless. He knew that all of the students were looking and laughing at him and it must have hurt his ego unbelievably hard. He got what he deserved, it should have happened sooner.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom