Old Enough To Remember?

... like one look at a (broken) fan belt and he not only knew car maker and model, he also knew the alternative belt part number from another manufacturer...
And they could walk right to the shelf where it was and hand it to you! ;)
 
i was about 6yrs old and my mom let me ride my bicycle around the block. well Mrs. Glenn caught me in the street so i got one from her. i knew she called my mom so i took the longer way home, Mrs. Moore thought she heard me cussing so i got one from her, and when i got home Mom was waiting for me. not a good day
 
Last edited:
i was about 6yrs old and my mom let me ride my bicycle around the block. well Mrs. Glenn caught me in the street so i got one from her. i knew she called my mom so i took the longer way home, Mrs. Moore thought she heard me cussing so i got one from her, and when i got home Mom was waiting for me. not a good day
Ah, but one you will never forget!
Had a few of those myself ... ;)
 
Had a few of those myself ... ;)
I guess we all screwed up good one way or the other during our innocent, youthful recklessness... ;)

copying other rascals I too tried to manipulate a bubble gum machine, using a small coin and a match...
execution of the crime got however promptly interrupted by a deep voice and a 'DiNozzo Slap' by the local beat-cop... 😁
"... and now go home and tell your parents about what you just did ..."
I of course kept my mouth shut... 😉

But imagine such would take place today... "... police brutality against minor/school kid!!! ..."... pfffff... 🤨
 
Fortunately I had an older sister who I could observe the results from a distance.
As I often tell her -
"I wasn't a better kid than you, just a smarter one. I'd see what you got and determine to avoid those consequences!" ;)
 
Back when you can get a pop (soda if you must) for 10 cents from the machine, we used to take a nickel and put it on the rail road track, once the train passes and stretches it, we'd put it in the pop machine and not only get the coke, you get 15 cents back and use that to go to the store and get a chocolate bar and/or a box of cracker jacks. Building superintendent saw us do this and told our moms, that was the end of allowance for a month and extra non-paying chores around the building to help the superintendent pull weeds and pick up garbage. Now machines are more accurate at sensing the coins and slugs.
 
Back
Top Bottom