Let's not get hung up on particulars. I'm willing to bet that a majority of these funny concoctions are made up, either by AI or photo shopped. Go look at youtube where a lot of those 'fail' videos are staged. People cannot be so stupid as to do that stuff...well, yes they can*.You're correct, plus it's a tamper-resistant receptacle, suggesting the damage is fake, too.
Let's not get hung up on particulars.
After 15 shots in 8.5 hours, I bet anyone would say all oils are as good as any other.Ha, with that kind of attitude it won't be long before you'll be suggesting that any brand of moly is as good as any other.

After that, I'd say they would have a hard time saying anything that could be understood ...After 15 shots in 8.5 hours, I bet anyone would say all oils are as good as any other.![]()
After that, I'd say they would have a hard time saying anything that could be understood ...![]()
Ah, but some folks can't handle their liquor if they don't have a lot of practice ...If those shots were 1 oz each (of typical 40% spirits), that's a total of 6 ounces of pure alcohol. That's about 10 beers. I might be feeling it, but I don't think I would be fall down drunk if I consumed them over an 8 hour period.
Not sayin' it's a good idea.
Ah, but some folks can't handle their liquor if they don't have a lot of practice ...![]()
So it took a NASA study to determine that pencil lead is prone to breakage??? And, exactly what safely risk did that pose??
- NASA's Role: NASA did not fund the development. NASA did, however, rigorously test the pen and approved it for the Apollo 7 mission in 1968 after finding that pencils created safety risks (broken graphite tips).
What year were you born? You did learn of the Apollo 1 fire at some point. I'm sure.So it took a NASA study to determine that pencil lead is prone to breakage??? And, exactly what safely risk did that pose??
its generally considered that the 100% oxygen atmosphere inside the capsule is what contributed to the Apollo 1 fire, not pencil lead.What year were you born? You did learn of the Apollo 1 fire at some point. I'm sure.
From Scientific American, December 20, 2006
Originally, NASA astronauts, like the Soviet cosmonauts, used pencils, according to NASA historians. In fact, NASA ordered 34 mechanical pencils from Houston's Tycam Engineering Manufacturing, Inc., in 1965. They paid $4,382.50 or $128.89 per pencil. When these prices became public, there was an outcry and NASA scrambled to find something cheaper for the astronauts to use.Pencils may not have been the best choice anyway. The tips flaked and broke off, drifting in microgravity where they could potentially harm an astronaut or equipment. And pencils are flammable--a quality NASA wanted to avoid in onboard objects after the Apollo 1 fire.
But any small particle floating loose in micro gravity bears the risk of getting inhaled, ending in someones eye, floating uncontrollable on/into instruments/technical appliances...a quick google search says pencil graphite is generally non-combustible unless subjected to extreme temperatures in excess of 1000C.
Not to those of us who learned to speak cursive.After that, I'd say they would have a hard time saying anything that could be understood ...![]()
good point, I hadn't considered the potential hazard to the eyes. That's what happens when you're used to having gravity around all the time I guess.But any small particle floating loose in micro gravity bears the risk of getting inhaled, ending in someones eye, floating uncontrollable on/into instruments/technical appliances...