40 Amp questions, please help

well that didnt last long who bagged it??
I did. Thanks for the tip off. Looks to be in very good condition with no sign of corrosion. The connecting lead is also included. At that price you couldn't go wrong. Its very rare to see the 40amper at that kind of money. Just need to get a good price on the gears and then I can set about the conversion. My 28amper is working fine at the minute but at least I will have the bigger alternator ready when the time comes.

Cheers David

Bike
ST1100
Just after droping the tank into place and fireing her up.Took a little bit of time to start but running fine and charging at 14.5v.I want to do a few more bits and pieces before I take it off the bench.I extended the rear fender towards the swingarm.I cut an old rubber boot which is nice and flexable.I held it in place with 3 bolts but notice when i dropped in the tank one of the bolts was rubbing against it.I,ll lift the tank out again tomorrow and deal with it.

sofawizard

andy
Bike
st1100 a
i got the proper thing for the rear gaurd looks like it should help deflect the crud from the arm and alternator will be titting it next week with a few other bits n bobs like the back of the bike lol

Bike
ST1100
:(
i got the proper thing for the rear gaurd looks like it should help deflect the crud from the arm and alternator will be titting it next week with a few other bits n bobs like the back of the bike lol
Aye,you Scots folk can afford to splash out cash on new parts,we Irish are in the middle of a recession and have to make do with what,s lying around....LOL:(:(:(:(

sofawizard

andy
Bike
st1100 a
pat i dont have pots of gold thats you irish folk i did save a bomb by getting my alternator secondhand so the money saved i got the correct bit any ways do you have a parking brake for your pan????

Bike
ST1100
Tomorrow I start to put the plastic back on to my 96 ST.I,v replaced the alternator,refurbished and rustproofed the swing arm,dismantled,cleaned and reasembled the rear calipers,cleaned and rustproofed the outside of the gas tank,put and extension on the forward side of the rear fender,changed clutch fluid,changed oil in final drive and changed engine oil and filter.I had already fitted new Oxford heated grips,new main relay and trottle cables.Thanks to all the great advice from various people on this site I hadn,t to open the Haynes Manual once,the only thing I had to do was look up on Youtube how to get the alternator into position.
The bike should be ready to roll soon and then I will be offering it for sale as it,s my second ST.Who ever buys it I think will get a good bike that will serve them well for many more miles.
Pat

Top Bottom