angled valve stem

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Anyone else know where the terms originated? You can guess by the words themselves.
Ancient sailing vessels laid up left side to the que, or dock, because the steer board was customarily lashed to the right side and would easily damaged against the que.

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I've used these on 3 STs and . . . 2 FJRs. They don't break or bend and make life a whole lot easier for checking and airing tires, AND they come in colors. The one on the front wheel needs to be angled toward the center of the wheel to clear breaks. I've never had a problem with it, to include attaching TPMS sensors.

Shuey

larryg

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
thats how i ordered them was from the link here on st
The guy responded to me right away when I ordered from him......i wonder what's going on? Try his phone number maybe?

Mani Azeri <mani@motomillion.com>
Mon, Mar 25, 9:03 AM

to me

Hello Kevin, you shouldn't be able to turn it easily.

The torque specs are 7Nm to 10Nm. (5.1~7.3 ft-lb / 62~88 in-lb)
Best Regards,
Mani Azeri
Motomillion
+1-305-613-3624

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
These are the ones I use also. 90 degree are better than stock, to get at, but I find the 83 degree a little easier. But just because you have these, don't think for a minute you NEVER have to replace them!

On my 2012, I had one core go bad, that I had to replace. Also it seems my 2010 rims are loosing air, so I'll probably replace it's valve stems next tire change.

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
These are the ones I use also. 90 degree are better than stock, to get at, but I find the 83 degree a little easier. But just because you have these, don't think for a minute you NEVER have to replace them!

On my 2012, I had one core go bad, that I had to replace. Also it seems my 2010 rims are loosing air, so I'll probably replace it's valve stems next tire change.
Thanks for the advice. Funny you should mention the valve stem core. One of mine came with a bad core, it just wouldn't seat correctly. I used my old core because I didn't have a new one on hand, and it's just fine. I installed mine perpendicular to the wheel edge but in hindsight I probably should have angled them a little bit forward.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
SupraSabre said:
don't think for a minute you NEVER have to replace them!
Good to know. I thought that like oil/moly/coolant/tires you just replaced them once and you're good for ever! :rofl1:

OP
OP
lrhsr05st1300

lrhsr05st1300

sirlancealot
Bike
04 st1300
STOC #
maybe he's on a ride or something i've emailed a couple of times with no response, the email address i get is 0ne wheeled junkie

As for port and star board, these are sail ship aged nautical terms for which side they typically moored the ship at dock. The left side of the ship typically was on the dock or port side for loading/unloading purposes. Being most Atlantic facing ports and docks faced Westward, the North Star - the primary navigational datum would be on the right side when the ships fore-ward bow was pointing seaward. Hence, the star boarding side. (Note star-board, and not stars-board).
alllllllmost had it ;)

"The actual origin of the term "port" is speculated to be because the left side of old merchant sailing ships had a loading or entry port. The right side had a steering board that hung over the side of the ship (before the invention of rudders) which is where the term starboard comes from. "

Ride safe
Rob

aniwack

Site Supporter
Bike
05A/07A/09PA
STOC #
I just recently ordered another set from this guy who is a member here so even though this is an old thread he is still supplying.
You can submit your order by clicking the Buy Now button in this thread- 90 Degree Angled Valve Stems - Black, Red, Blue, Gold and Silver

If you prefer to purchase directly from his website rather than through his thread on ST-Owners his site is MotoMillion.
Either way enter STOWNERS as a discount code and he will take a couple of bucks off.

You will need the 11.3 mm valves for the ST1300.
Dead link.

Top Bottom