Best tires for ST1300

I will have the tires mounted and balanced at the shop. I tried to mount the Bridgestone BT020 that I currently have on the bike and it was not prettyo_O. Wondering if anyone has tried the Dunlop Roadsmart 3.

I tried to mount the Bridgestone BT020 that I currently have on the bike and it was not pretty
That's odd ... I decided this go round, I'd go with OEM-in-the-owner's-manual 020 on rear, and it slid right on ... prob spent two (maybe 3) minutes on it.

Years ago I had a Roadsmart, ended up with major structural damage (as others have experienced), so will never install another.

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
I've bought many sets of Michelin PR4GT tires and been very happy with them. They are not the cheapest tire, but they last a ridiculously long time between replaceements, which I think makes them very good value for the price paid. Plus, they have all the other attributes you want in a tire: they're round, they hold air, they are made of rubber, etc.

Michael

Southeastern corner of Arizona, planet earth!
Bike
05 ST 1300 hack'd
Have any of you guys tried any of the Shinko's on the ST 1300? I have run them for years on my Guzzis,and they are a decent tire for the money. The 110 degree temps and chip sealed roads in rural Arizona are a pretty hard combination on tires! I have found that with the Shinkos, I change them when the flatten out or cup a bit,and since I mount/ balance my own, its cost effective for me.
Rick.

STumped

Because I usually am . . . .
Bike
2012 BMW K1600GT
Have any of you guys tried any of the Shinko's on the ST 1300? I have run them for years on my Guzzis,and they are a decent tire for the money. The 110 degree temps and chip sealed roads in rural Arizona are a pretty hard combination on tires! I have found that with the Shinkos, I change them when the flatten out or cup a bit,and since I mount/ balance my own, its cost effective for me.
Rick.

I've been using the Shinko Raven 009 rear tire for years and think they a great value! What are you using for the fronts?

Bike
'05 ST1300
I have been running mostly on Bridgestones and Michelins. I find the price on the B's better than the M's and can't justify the extra cost of the M's. The last set of T31GTs gave me almost 18,000km while the previous set of PR3GTs only got 16,000km.

Bike
2010 ST-1300
Rick.
I'm currently running Shinko Verges. I reluctantly tried them on the advice of a friend that owns a motorcycle repair shop. I recently installed my second Verge on the rear and the front still has legal tread. Prior to the Shinkos I used 2 pair of Pirelli Angel GT's, and one pair of Avon Axiom 3D's. The Shinkos grip as well as the others I've tried and I get slightly longer wear with them.

Last edited:
Rick.
I have been running the Shinko Verge 011 tires for several years now. They perform well and give me more service life than any other tires I have used. A smidge over $200 delivered to my door for a set...

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
Uniroyal Tiger Paw.

(See if anybody is paying attention. Only older guys will know. LOL)

Sharpes, Florida , formally, Nevada City, CA
Bike
GL1800, ST1300
STOC #
I will have the tires mounted and balanced at the shop. I tried to mount the Bridgestone BT020 that I currently have on the bike and it was not prettyo_O. Wondering if anyone has tried the Dunlop Roadsmart 3.
I am running the Roadsmarts on my 07, 11000 plus miles on the rear so far with a lot of tread left. The front tire has about 3000 on it. No problem with these tires.
BTW, in my opinion, there is no such tire on the market regardless of the price that is the best all-around tire. The best tire is the one the fits your budget, and your riding style.

Thanks bstig60, That kid of mileage on the Roadsmart 3 sounds good. I take it most if not all of those miles were hwy.

RobbieAG

Robert
Bike
2005 ST1300
I tried Bridgestone T30 GTs and got 7k (miles) on the rear, 13+k on the front. The performance was good. I have the OEM Bridgestone BT020's on there now. The rear has around 8k on it and still has tread left. The front I just put on so we'll see how that wears. The performance is good on these too.

Top Bottom