Bluetooth equipped motorcycle helmets

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I'm not convinced mesh is something I just gotta have. I ride with 1-2 other people when I'm not solo. When we get in range, we automatically pair after the first pairing. Likewise, if we get separated, we automatically rejoin the group intercom as we come into range again.
+1 Either solo or with 1-2 others – that's it. The advantage of mesh is the ability for the last rider to hear the first rider if all riders are within range of one other rider. The idea of being able to talk to the lead puppy 2mi away when there are several other riders between my and he is – interesting but not a must have for me.

But we never stretch ourselves that thin. The big dogs will let me catch up. Eventually. :rofl1: But I can see how those that ride in larger groups that tend to get strung out along the road could benefit from mesh.

OP
OP
LJST
Have
A different thought! I use blutooth earbuds. I rock and roll! I can use them without the helmet too, while I'm camping, and take phone calls! I use the Boltune one's because they have a wire and are less likely to fall into a sewer hole when I remove my helmet. I never leave home without them.
I haven’t even thought of this idea, but the more l think about it, it might be the way to go. How does a mic work with the Bluetooth setup? Is it a boom mic you have or is it like my kids where they just talk and it gets transmitted up there in outer space somewhere back down to the person on the other end of the line? Lol. Thanks!

OP
OP
LJST
C
Lots of great information above. I second the quality helmet first. I ended up with the C4 because I wanted quiet first, bonus was the BT. No one has noticed I was talking in a helmet on the rare occasions it happened, and the helmet is very quiet.
C4? Helmet?

Sheriff41

Chuck
Bike
'05 ST1300A
STOC #
Not a common set up but my wife and I have Schuberth C3 helmets and use the Interphone Tour intercom set (universal fit) and Interphone Prosound speakers and mic (specific to the C3). The Interphone Tour works great for connecting to BT devices, is compatible with Android and ios, and can connect up to 4 riders. The Prosound set is leaps and bounds better than the mic and speakers that come with the Tour intercom producing clear audio. Battery life is good and recharge time seems fairly quick via USB. This set up is a few years old and Interphone probably offers newer sets. Worth a look, IMHO.

Top Bottom