Camping 2022 Is Coming

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
2nd Trip if the year to a BMW hill country rally last weekend. I'll stick to you guys, they kicked out a couple friends that came from Dallas and didn't register for the event - a little too high and mighty for me - especially since they were camping in another area and were just trying to be friendly and talk bikes. My 1st and last BMW Rally - pretty sure they won't be affected lol. Anyway, camped w/Tom so had good company.

P4010001.JPG

P4010003.JPG

tnbill

Site Supporter
Bike
91 st1100
2nd Trip if the year to a BMW hill country rally last weekend. I'll stick to you guys, they kicked out a couple friends that came from Dallas and didn't register for the event - a little too high and mighty for me - especially since they were camping in another area and were just trying to be friendly and talk bikes. My 1st and last BMW Rally - pretty sure they won't be affected lol. Anyway, camped w/Tom so had good company.

P4010001.JPG

P4010003.JPG
i had tried to get my campground listed with bmwmoa but like your experience it was not good. Never got anywhere with that bunch of snobs.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
i had tried to get my campground listed with bmwmoa but like your experience it was not good. Never got anywhere with that bunch of snobs.
I had no prob with any of the attendees... just a bit strict by organizers... that's okay, I've survived this long without going to one, I can do another 20 years ... lol... Just my experience and I'm sure doesn't apply to everyone.

Bulitt

Flori-Duh-Man
Bike
1200GS, 18 Wing DCT
I had no prob with any of the attendees... just a bit strict by organizers... that's okay, I've survived this long without going to one, I can do another 20 years ... lol... Just my experience and I'm sure doesn't apply to everyone.
Mellow, sorry that happened to you guys. I’ve been a BMW rally rat for 30 years and still am and don’t even own a beemer anymore. I have always found them to be pretty good and accommodating folks. Maybe this was just a “one off”….

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Mellow, sorry that happened to you guys. I’ve been a BMW rally rat for 30 years and still am and don’t even own a beemer anymore. I have always found them to be pretty good and accommodating folks. Maybe this was just a “one off”….
I'm sure it probably was.

TPadden

Tom Padden
No one has ever been kicked out of one of my posted RTC's, and to the best of my knowledge they still haven't been. :) I wasn't involved in the incident but believe they were just told to leave the dining area.
That said I believe I've posted my last RTC; participation hasn't ever really worked out. As always anyone is welcome to join me at a campground anytime. :tent3:

Tom

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
No one has ever been kicked out of one of my posted RTC's, and to the best of my knowledge they still haven't been. :) I wasn't involved in the incident but believe they were just told to leave the dining area.
That said I believe I've posted my last RTC; participation hasn't ever really worked out. As always anyone is welcome to join me at a campground anytime. :tent3:

Tom
It was outside the dinning area in the parking lot section.

And... you need to supply wrist bands so everyone knows it's your RTC event.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
From left to right, poles, tent, pad, bag
ah.. ok, I usually pack tent and poles together.. :thumb:

I've been using this tent bag for a couple years now, keeping tent and poles together but not as tight a fit as the bags the tents come in and a long zipper so easy to roll up a tent and place inside.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
I went on a couple of rides with the Detroit BMW group and they were a super group, by the end of the day felt like I had known them for a long time. Several non BMW bikes including a red ST1300 participated.

This is a video I made of the Detroit Urban Tour.

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
Mellow it is too bad that happened. Like you I did find a couple of guys that were running the event to rub me the wrong way. But on the other hand the event hosts threw so much food away, they could have fed half of the park with leftovers. I found that'll the attendees at the event were all pretty approachable.

Top Bottom