Camping 2022 Is Coming

Bike
R1200rt
from your friends at google, so it might not be true "Tent fabrics are known for being very flammable, which means that they catch fire easily and that the flames will spread quickly – which for a lot of us explains those frantic shouts from your parents every time you ran past the camp stove as a child. "

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
I had something similar camping in Kansas (who would have guessed) on the way to NatSTOC one year, had to lean against the inside of the tent to support it... no place to run so I figured I'd ether be there when it died down or a few feet away.. lol That was a 2 man tent
I still have the bent poles that came w my four man! Lees Ferry was so windy, it was literally pushing the top of the tent down! I'm still cool on the four man because I want everything in the tent at night, especially if its a camp ground with other people.

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
i had tried to get my campground listed with bmwmoa but like your experience it was not good. Never got anywhere with that bunch of snobs.
Then they would never let me in,,, My pants don't match my jacket, which don't match my gloves, which don't match my helmet....

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Better than Vermont's seasons... "Winter and six* weeks of lousy skiing"

* substitute whatever number you like for desired impact :)

I shouldn't dis on Vermont though. It's a wonderland of great roads and a launching point for awesome day, weekend or longer rides in all parts north, south, east and west!

I miss it. <sniff!>
mud season

Bike
Moto Guzzi V7 850 Sp
Greetings Campers!! Here in the North East of North America, winters are cold, Spring is just a nature moment away. This was one of my last camp sites last year, going Big Agnes, this year. I spent a bit much on some new gear and the delivery drivers are starting to trickle in. I'm going to post some of the new gear as I get ready to head out on a few "close" trips in the next month. Feel free to share your plans and gear picks for this year here! Happy Camping Campers.

Last Camp 2021.jpg

First piece of kit to arrive, nothing like a fresh coffee in the morning, in the middle of nowhere.
Espresso.jpg
A friend and I are departing Washington State heading for St. John's Newfoundland 24 May. We should be passing through your area (NE) early June. We're doing a coast-to-coast-to-coast run for about five weeks. I carry a Whisperlite stove, candle lanterns and an Alps 2-man. I've used a quallo-fill bag for over 40 years and never had an issue with it but may replace it with down if it ever gives up the ghost. I'll be putting out more info about the trip as the departure date approaches.

Last edited:
Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
Not every campground has trees but they all have grounds lol... doesn't take long to setup or take down for me, I don't mind doing that every day on a long trip.
So what do you do with your hammock if you don't have trees conveniently placed?

Chris

Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
i had tried to get my campground listed with bmwmoa but like your experience it was not good. Never got anywhere with that bunch of snobs.
Beyond me WHY they are snobs - The NEW '08 R1200RT I bought in '08 was a total lemon that didn't last 6 K without engine damage caused by it's computer lack of controlled - predetonation issue !
My ST has been FAR better in so many ways ! , ( along with my other long lasting Hondas .)

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
So what do you do with your hammock if you don't have trees conveniently placed?

Chris
You can use the hammock tent like a regular tent on the ground. Like what is shown in the photos below

Attachments

scootac

Will Ride for Food
from your friends at google, so it might not be true "Tent fabrics are known for being very flammable, which means that they catch fire easily and that the flames will spread quickly – which for a lot of us explains those frantic shouts from your parents every time you ran past the camp stove as a child. "
Nothing like a few sparks landing on the ground cloth to add some excitement to the evening!
Wild Hogs camp fire style......

Bike
2007 STinkerbell
I’ve been tent camping for a number of years, both solo and with family. Last year was the first time I slept in a hammock, and I will say I am a fan. My back felt great, and setup was easy. Just be sure to use proper hammock straps rather than regular ratchet straps. Setup is much easier and faster with hammock straps.
Also, for coffee, we just use instant. Starbucks has some nice choices and I dont need to bring any extra coffee filtering or percolating equipment.

Top Bottom