Earbuds?

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
What are you guys using? I have a pair of Westone CR1 custom molded. I got them in 2008. I guess my right ear has changed (they say they do) because the right earbuds keeps coming out when I take off my helmet. I paid $175 for mine in '08. They are $300 now!

I've been reading about Splugs, Shure215 and MEE M6 Pro. Anybody have any experience with these? How do they fit under your helmet? All day comfort? Inquiring minds want to know.

CruSTy

My Perception is my reality.
Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
2024 Miles
STOC #
I use the Plug Phones. They work great for me. I've tried at least 5 pairs of other types of earhones/buds, molded, multi driver etc. These give me the best ear protection and very good sound quality. Bluetooth hearing aids might be the best but very pricey.

Bike
2015 Yamaha FJR1300
I will second the plug phones. The sound protection was so good for me that it was a bit disorienting riding with such quiet. I find it to be well worth the $25. If you want wireless, I think they make a Bluetooth version.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NobodySpecial

Site Supporter
Bike
2004 ST1300A
I purchased the S-plugs. I found after 10+ hours the hurt my ears, moreso after the second 10-12 hour day. I couldn't even tell you how good the sound was as the unit it was supposed to be plugged in to fell off less than an hour into my 2-day, 1300-mile ride. I wore them for sound-deadening only. At only 27NRR, I'm not sure I would purchase them again at the price I paid. One of my kids has some sort of "workphones" type of thing he bought at Home Depot -- same type of deal; noise reduction + 3.5mm speaker plug. They seem to work, but I haven't done a back-to-back comparison. I've put a few of the links from this post on my "To investigate" list.

Edit: my child has corrected me - he's got plugphones.

Bike
1998 ST1100
I’ve got some Shure 215’s I used once. I didn’t like how loud the volume needed to be at highway speeds.

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I will also endorse Plug Phones. I've had S-plugs and for me the plug phones have a better sound quality when inserted properly. With the S-plugs I also had to have repaired twice in four years due to broken wire at the driver. I have both the wired and the Bluetooth versions of the Plug Phones and couldn't be happier. Plug Phones can also be purchased at Menards if you have one close.

Good luck
Jeff

Bike
2006 ST1300
I installed the Quiet Ride muffs in my Neotec, and then put high quality headphone drivers in those. I now can use much less volume, and get the same result, as well as not fighting , trying to get in ear monitors to stay in while putting on a helmet. I added a small bluetooth receiver on the outside of the helmet to eliminate the cords ( TaoTronics TT-BR08), and to allow control of the sound source ( iPod Touch, or iPhone) while riding. No more sore ears, or fighting the pods to get them in!

Bike
2004 Honda ST1300ABS
STOC #
I use the AKG earbuds that came with my Samsung Galaxy S8+, they are great for tunes and still allow me to hear my surroundings....I think the real ones retail for $100. Prior to that I used Monster audio iSport Strive earbuds. They come with 3 sizes of fitted earbuds and block out most noise and have get sound for tunes. You can get them pretty cheap since they are no longer a new model.

I've used my AKG buds for 1,000 miles in 24 hours without any discomfort or issues. The Monster fitted buds would get kinds irritating after about 4 or 5 hours of riding.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
I already have some custom molded ones.
My bad. I read it as your molded ones are bothering you now because your ear has changed. I had a quality pair of ear buds for music that I molded the Earfuze stuff around for a custom fit. They sound great, are all day comfortable and don't shift when taking your helmet on or off. I didn't look at their site but I think they're only $29 or so.

thekaz

haz gone feral
I am using custom molded single drivers ...... tried everything else then wondered why I did not just get custom buds to start with ?

Top Bottom