Friday March 1st Café.

Bike
VStrom 650
Thank you very much, February is behind us, March must be better right? Let's have some French Roast and chin wag about it.
On this first day of meteorological spring we have 28 to 43, blue skies and a thick frost. Pffffffftttttt.
I'll have a couple of hours of some'ats before Er'Indoors returns from Jumpy Up and Down Class at Berwick-upon-the-Tweed. She will need a mug full of French Roast upon er return. Nowt new there then.
Some of you may have watched the Hairy Bikers series, I really don't know if it's a thing over there or not. Dave Myers one of the HB's sadly passed yesterday, only in his mid sixties, the big C finished him off. And they say motorcycling is dangerous!
R.I.P. Mr.Myers, let's hope someone finds him a decent ride.
I haven't much else for now, so av a gud un and remember, today's another day. Kick its arris.
Upt.
And one for Stoo and Sadlsor. Blummin German motorcycles. Pffffffftttttt.
Dolomites in the summer.

Bike Road Trip 2018 098.jpg

Thx very much Ray!
Wish I was on the road again!
Never ridden south of Germany, but someday I will.
»They» say the spring will be milder than usual, so there’s a hope for waking up my dormant steel horse during march.

Peter is under the weather and is coming over for some grandpa treatment.:mcd1:
Shrimps and wine ready for after.

Yesterdays burger lunch was better than expected, might be a redo at some point….

7˚c/45f, calm and rain.

Have a good one!
Stu

Yesterday brought us this sunset, lasted about five minutes, and then all was grey again.
IMG_3084.jpeg

Not quite so early today.
Thanks, Ray. Too early for Coffee At The CattHouse but not too early to finish my taxes.

I’ll roll down to Moonshine STore toward noon. Anticipate no damage from our recent storm; someone local would have posted something by now. (Any excuse for a MoonBurger).

May have to take the car, rain is forecast. 29 now, 43 is forecast high.
As always, CAREFUL ON THE ROAD!!!!

Good morning everyone

Thanks for the French roast Ray. Sorry to hear about the passing of Mr. Myers, though I'll confess to having never heard of either him or the show. That's true of most shows (both at home and abroad) and even more so of the people in them. I'm not ashamed.

It's a chilly-but-clear 24°F in Rockville, where we expect mostly sunny skies and a high of 52. Why do we expect that? Because we're told to:
1709291210426.png

There will also be very high amounts of tree pollen wafting about; it's enough to make me consider a respirator but I'll probably resort to chemical warfare and go the oral antihistamine route.
1709291361557.png

Huh- I've never heard of "anti-pollen glasses" before. I've always called them "SCUBA masks".

Having made another "oops" on the sewing center yesterday afternoon, I've been pondering possible corrective actions and will explore them today using some scrap material first, to ensure I get what I want for the final result.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them.

Morning all and thanks for the coffee Ray.

I've never heard of the late gentleman either, nor the broadcast.

Hmm insert quote seems to be missing..... oh well, I know the BB code Mellow uses.

@ibike2havefun Having made another "oops" on the sewing center yesterday afternoon, I've been pondering possible corrective actions and will explore them today

Perhaps you should give up sewing and stick to woodwork? :rofl1:

Weather here is c-c-c-cold. -16 with a wicked windchill of -20. Sunny though which will help it get to -4(-6.) The drive home from work last evening was a mess with many closed roads, flooded ones, ones coated in washed out mud/dirt/gravel, blizzard snows, flooded roads that folks drive thru then all the surrounding areas turned to skating rinks. There were multiple multicar accidents related to said skating rinks as well as folks who hydro locked their engines by driving thru "puddles" that were to deep (after they ignored the closed road barricades.)

Once I navigated all that and got home my garage doors were frozen shut. I have those metal insulated multipart doors and the wind driven rains had gotten in between the panels and froze solid in the subzero temps. It took some beating to get them unstuck. Will have to google ways to waterproof them. I'm guessing some type of silicone spray might work.

Anywho, it's March 1st. Tomorrow will mark the 5 month mark with no riding this Winter. Boy does it suck! Come on Spring.

Hope everyone has a great day and keeps warmer than a popsicle on a stick.

Obo.

Last edited:
Mornin’ y’all. Thanks for the best coffee this month, Ray.

While I was typing about replacing my sometimes reliable Spectrum Wi-Fi router, my internet, TV, and home phone all went off line. These outages are a daily thing, so I’m adding my own router to see if it helps.

Spent last evening babysitting the grandkids while my daughter and SIL went to a concert in Nashville. It’s always fun, but it gets me home in the wee hours of the morning. Teddy is still sleeping.

42/48 with off and on rain. Perfect weather to try to herd some bits and bytes downstream, so I can get back online reliably. If you never hear from me again, it means it didn’t go well.

John

Good morning, and thanks for the coffee start, Ray.

It's sunny and 21, heading to 42, later.

Yesterday involved a gym visit, packing and laundry.
I had time to do the application process for the home equity line that we'll need for the house reno, and will go back to sign the paperwork at some point.

Today, we'll finish packing, bring the cat to the sitter, and eventually head out to the pick-up point for our trip to Andorra.
We'll stop in Zurich for passport control, change planes to Barcelona, and a bus trip to Andorra.

Have a great day, and stay safe,
Steve

Good morning all, and thanks for the coffee, Ray!

It's a gorgeous, sunny day and still chilly this morning, though not as cold and windy as yesterday, and things will start warming up again this afternoon. It's currently -10°C/14°F with a feels-like of -14°C/7°F, and the day's high will be 2°C/36°F (windchill -1°C/30°F).

I saw my rheumatologist yesterday, and he was quite shocked at the bone loss happening in my jaws. We also discussed some other symptoms/things that are happening and I am now scheduled to have a bucketload of blood taken on Monday morning to check 16 different things (16!!), including genetic markers in the bones. He is, of course, not willing to come to any conclusions yet, but he admitted that Sjögren's Syndrome is a possibility. Oh, joy. Sigh. Whelp, one thing at a time, then.

Everyone have a great day, stay safe and go safely. That means you, Steve and Brenda! Have a great trip!

Patty

Thanks for the FR Ray, while I await my new pot to perform for the 2nd time. The ON indicator is a different color and in a different place, so I haven't yet become convinced it will actually make coffee for me.

Yesterday my GS911 arrived, and I've registered it and installed the software on my laptop and phone. It will supposedly keep me up to date with what's going on with all the computers that make my BMW go, and avoid taking it to the dealer for diagnostics... which always takes about 2 weeks.

Monday the ezCAN is due, so I can start wiring the trailer to the GSA. We'll see how that goes, and I'm feeling like a pioneer here.

50 now going to 70, rain almost all day. I wonder how that will leave the trails up north for a dualsport ride? What I mean is, just "how" Muddy?

It will warm up this month for sure, and probably even for y'all way up in Canada. Hurry up!

Mornin’ y’all. Thanks for the best coffee this month, Ray.

While I was typing about replacing my sometimes reliable Spectrum Wi-Fi router, my internet, TV, and home phone all went off line. These outages are a daily thing, so I’m adding my own router to see if it helps.

Spent last evening babysitting the grandkids while my daughter and SIL went to a concert in Nashville. It’s always fun, but it gets me home in the wee hours of the morning. Teddy is still sleeping.

42/48 with off and on rain. Perfect weather to try to herd some bits and bytes downstream, so I can get back online reliably. If you never hear from me again, it means it didn’t go well.

John
John
The whole Spectrum system was down here at my sister’s yesterday & today!
WB

good morning all. thanks for the coffee Ray. 45F on the dog walk with a clear sky, bright moon and stars to enjoy as I walked. got the gym this morning and weed spraying this afternoon. the high should see 69F. enjoy the day

stay safe

G’morning all and thanks for the coffee Ray…

49/72 here in Montgomery, TX (Lake Conroe) today. The rest of the week has the high back in the 80’s. Headed down to IAH shortly for a 4 day trip bouncing around Texas and Mississippi.

I’ve finally been awarded my transfer back to Colorado Springs effective 1 April (hope it’s not a joke…lol) so I’ll be packing up the RV and taking it back home in a couple weeks.

Morning all! Dark, damp and chilly here at 3C. Sun and 7C are said to be coming this afternoon.

Meeting with a prospective contractor this morning and a phone call with the old one. Despite his apologies, the old one submitted a final invoice that is larcenous and I expect a bruising conversation will need to be had.

On the plus side of the ledger, it appears I have two potential job offers on deck which is gratifying and I actually got more than a couple hours of sleep last night. At this rate, I should be buying some lottery tickets!

The dogs have informed me that I'm wasting time and that breakfast will not wait any longer so I best get to it. Hope everyone has a great day!

Morning Ray & All from a sunny, BUT VERY :wind1:, Southern Utah!

Currently the temp is 47F, heading for 57F around 4PM. The winds are blowing, right now from the SSW @ 9 to 17mph. Later, we could see them blowing between 28 & 45mph.

I talked to my son, Brett, who's getting my 2010 that is :bk13:, right now. I decided that I'm going to put the :dr13: tupperware on it (from that '05 I picked up in Tucson - Larry client), so he will be like the rest of us...lol All four ST1300s (Justin's, Bobby's, Mine and now Brett's, will all be '05 red.

:dr13: :dr13: :dr13: :dr13: and of course, there's my brother's, and his is :dr13: :rofl1:

I'll be holed up in the garage today (glad it's big enough to put the truck in and close the door down) adding Air Lift (air bags) to the back of the truck, so it can handle the shell I added and a few pounds more! I also added new shocks for the back. With 80K miles on it, I figured the shocks needed replacement.

20240229_Leftside.jpg

I mounted those yesterday, and I need to mount and hook up the air compressor and controller. It has a wireless remote that goes with it.

Lazyman's breakfast, but included bananas. Pepsi to come later.

Anyone :bk13:, have a great day on the roads! :hat3:

Last edited:
Grrrr…..Before I could set up the router, the modem died, with no lights on, so I’m sitting, waiting for the Spectrum office to open at 10:00 for a new modem. I just realized that Spectrum rhymes with R…tum.

John
I'll admit I saw your first half of the first sentence in the wrong mindspace.
Firstly, "router" reminded me of Keith's sewing machine cabinet, with his occasional mis-measurements or mis-calculations. Router... sawdust... noise.
Secondly, "router' combined with "no lights on", while simultaneously ignoring "the modem died" phrase, reminded me of one of my Ryobi routers which needs to be shipped off for repair (no power there either), and buying a smaller Makita trim router to widen my kitchen cabinets for my new stove last fall.
*sigh*
Reading Comprehension... for some of us, the struggle is real.
But losing the internet is a whole new level of disappointment, frustration and irritation. May it pass quickly.

Back
Top Bottom