Front turn signal connectors

Bike
R1200rt
safety pins work well. Some of the holes are very small and safety pins come is various sizes. You can get most pigtails on the internet. google pigtail connector

Last edited:

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Awesome and thanks for the link. I'll replace the connectors too. Gotta have reliable connections and I always solder when doing the electrical stuff. I'm a little taller and also just added a Sykik 2 camera screen to the upper dash so that is blocking the left turn signal lamp even more. Can't go for a ride so may as well tinker! Thanks again.
One point about mounting the LED strip. The backside of the mirror's edge has an inconvenient contour that doesn't accommodate the LEDs - it's at once too thick and curved. I used a drum sander on my Dremel tool to thin and flatten that edge from the backside so the cylindrical portion of each LED is just slightly recessed into the holes I made using a twist drill... 3/8" maybe? I forget.

Use a sharp drill by hand to make the holes corresponding to the LEDs. Go slow, that plastic is soft and you can go off course easily. Mask the glass of the mirror with tape and hold the mirror and twist drill firmly.

It's one of the few irreversible mods I've made to my 1300. Those replacement turn signal connectors are another.

Bike
06 ST1300
Yes, just walked in from the garage- took the mirrors off the bike and did use the dremel to level off the back of that plastic edge. I did an OK job drilling those plastic slots to match up with the 3 leds in the strip. Not the best (ham fisted a bit) but have brought stuff inside to warm up then will glue tomorrow. It'll look fine unless I point it out (to any potential admirers). Did already receive the connector kit and will redo the mirror connectors next day or two. Thanks again for the information and help- weather closing in, can't ride so may as well do a few modifications with the down time.

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Yes, just walked in from the garage- took the mirrors off the bike and did use the dremel to level off the back of that plastic edge. I did an OK job drilling those plastic slots to match up with the 3 leds in the strip. Not the best (ham fisted a bit) but have brought stuff inside to warm up then will glue tomorrow. It'll look fine unless I point it out (to any potential admirers). Did already receive the connector kit and will redo the mirror connectors next day or two. Thanks again for the information and help- weather closing in, can't ride so may as well do a few modifications with the down time.
I can only reply with one thumbs up to your message. Good job! Follow up with some pics please.

Top Bottom