Bike
2004 ST 1300
STOC #
W
Happy Rob
Goodyear TT = GoodYear Trible Tred
I believe they updated the name to:
Assurance Trible Tred

As for getting a tire not available in your area. Just go to online.
I order my Hankook through Walmart online and delivered to my home.

Went to darkside this year too.

20210708_112016.jpg
Thanks for your reply. What specific Hankook are u using? Any issues getting it on?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Goodyear TT = GoodYear Trible Tred
That's a very limited version which leaves tracks that can only be seen my members of the Shawnee and Arapaho and Blackfoot nations. There's a similarly named anti-flat self repairing version made from small furry alien life forms. Very expensive. Unwashed masses get the Good Year TripleTred.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
There's a similarly named anti-flat self repairing version made from small furry alien life forms. Very expensive. Unwashed masses get the Good Year TripleTred.
Ah, yes.
Naugahyde.
Whatever happened to all those little Naugas? They were so damn cute.
Did we make them go extinct, or did they simply go back where they came from?

Happy Rob

Rob
Bike
2004 ST 1300
STOC #
counldn't source any of the tires I found listed here that would fit. I am in Newfoundland, Canada, shipping costs prevent tire purchase online. I sourced 2 Canadian Tire branded tires that look more rounded at the edges. I plan to buy the 2 tires, 205/50r17, size them up, and return one. I will post photos of the process in case others are curious.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I have been running dark-side for almost 200,000 miles now and I have never had a dark-side tire pop the way a MC tire will. They do seal around the bead without the pop. I have never put more then 50psi in the tire when I mount them and then readjust the psi after the wheel is remounted. I run 26psi in my rear tire.

Happy Rob

Rob
Bike
2004 ST 1300
STOC #
I have been running dark-side for almost 200,000 miles now and I have never had a dark-side tire pop the way a MC tire will. They do seal around the bead without the pop. I have never put more then 50psi in the tire when I mount them and then readjust the psi after the wheel is remounted. I run 26psi in my rear tire.
That is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear. Thank you so much for the reply. I left 50 pounds in it last night, if it still has 50 lbs in it tonight, I will consider it done and I will go ahead and mount it. Just to be clear, I should let all the air out before I attempt to slide it in past the swing arm with plastic on both sides? Then air it up to 26psi?

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Yes, deflate to install. Before installing, visually inspect around the bead/rim making sure the tire seated evenly all around. Once installed and inflated, spin the wheel and visually check that it isn't out of round.

Top Bottom