Goldwing GL1800 vs ST1300

I have heard that the new Gold Wings are quite impressive as far as handling. I guess I should ride one. However, I'm sure the MPG would be much lower than the ST. What is the average MPG with the new 1800's?:03biker:

I ride pretty agressive :rolleyes: I usually get around 34-36mpg... if I'm real good and play nice, I can get around 38 :rolleyes:

I wasn't so good a while back... got 30 :eek::

Just got off of e-bay. There is a very nice 2001 Gold Wing Red in color, 15650 miles, item number #260199813937 Owner lives in San Clemente Ca. Not sure how far that is from you. Check it out.

Alicia:

I came from a 92 ST11 to a 02 GL18 with ABS. The mileage for the ST was mid 40's+, occasionally 50mpg. The GL is a pretty steady 42MPG, down to 40MPG 2 up, over the past 35K miles. The GL is a great ride, and handles very well, and despite its size (you have 150#+ more weight) you will not notice it once underway. The top case is standard, and storage is significant. Find one with ABS. There are a LOT of them for sale on the Goldwing boards, and prices seem reasonable. The personalities of the owners are different, but still friendly, just older and gruffer. Are you up to a DQ magnet?

Curt Hamilton
Fitzwilliam, NH
STOC #2161

Back
Top Bottom