Great Radio!!!

7) If you have an intercomm system, the unit has a dedicated line out. Therefore you can run the signal to both the speakers and your intercomm headsets. However, as is usually the case, the volume of the line out is constant, so if you use this output for your intercomm, you will need to use the intercomm volume controls. I plan on using two of the speaker channels for the bike speakers, and two as inputs to my StarCom1. I don't know yet if I will need to add a signal reducer before plugging into my StarCom1.

for this do you mean that it jsut has a regular audio out jack..that you could, per se, plug a headset into...sorry I'm not quite following you on this point

Thanks, great info here.
Dan

Hmmmm wonder what "level" that is going to be at?

I have a Sirius radio right now that the audio out level is too low to work well even pumped through my Autocom.
I had to install a small AA powered booster to get it to a nice level.

Wish somebody would get one of these. :D

Received my black speakers
today. Ordered on Wednesday shipped VERY early Thursday morning, USPS Priority.

So, Crutchfield amplified antenna in hand (input), DWG waterproof speakers in hand (output), still no radio. Boaters World still sez, "Shipped when received from manufacturer."

I just got 2 e-mails from boaters world, one was a response to an e-mail I sent them and they said they talked to the manufacturer and said is should be here within 2 weeks and free 2 day shipping!! It will come in as soon as I leave for my cross country trip!!!! I was hoping to have it before than, OH well.

Yeah, I want mine before the tupperware is ready to go back on STick. Hate to have to take'er apart again once she's dressed.

well, like i posted earlier, i cancelled my order from boatersworld and ordered the other radio....it was delivered today!! the box will easily fit into the left faring pocket...autocom may fit in as well. installation will commence next week on my days off! would any of you smart electrical people be willing to chat with me briefly...as I am an electrical idiot...I have a few wiring questions that I am not sure about, let me know and I can give you my number or vice versa...thanks

I just bought this antenna

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-R912GcgJ4H4/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=232650&I=12044UA200&search=car+antenna

h12044UA200-f.jpeg

After reading this review

http://www.gadgetjq.com/antenna.htm

Mark,

do you still have the number for JBL, I have a couple electrical questions I'd like to ask them before I start my install.

thanks,
Dan

I called Prospec Electronics (843)849-9037, they are the manufacture of the JBL Marine products. I asked for technical support on the MBB-Mini. I was connected to the voice mailbox for a product engineer, who called me back later that day.

Got my speakers (Polk Audio db 401), connectors, and antenna today. I now have everything I need except the radio, and a mount for the controller. When the radio gets here I will fabricate a mount in my metal shop, but now . . . . .

WHERE

IS

THE

RADIO!!??

I'm impatient, I want it NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW.

Got another mail from Boater's World the other day. Seems my PayPal had expired and they wanted another method of payment. I said, is the radio ready to ship? No, another 2 weeks. I said call me when ya have it and I'll pay then.

Sucks.

Just got this reply from Boaters World.

Dear Mark,

Thank you for providing an opportunity to be of assistance.

This is with reference to your order number ######.

We understand your anxiety to receive your order and we sincerely apologize for the delay in shipping the order.

We are sorry to inform that the JBL MBB-MINI BLACK BOX STEREO SYS (stock #319142147) is currently out of stock. We are yet to receive an update from the manufacturer regarding the stock arrival. We will ship the order as soon as we receive the item in stock.

You will receive an e-mail notification once the order is shipped.

Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Sincerely,
Dustin Harris
Customer Service,
www.BoatersWorld.com

Anyone heard anything new on this? I haven't heard from Boaters World since my Pay Pal approval timed out.

I called yesterday and got some guy in Bangalore who was dummer than a bag of door knobs. I also said I wanted expedited shipping at their cost. He said no because the part was always listed as, "Ship when received by manufacture". I told him no, when I ordered it said ships in two weeks. He told me that unless I could produce a screen shot to prove it I was screwed. This will be the last time I order from any Ritz company.

Last edited:
I emailed Boaters World yesterday and they got back to me the same day!!! They said they contacted the distributer and that it was back ordered and would be 1 - 2 weeks hahahahaha, I said how can it be back ordered when I ordered it 3 months ago and the radio was not even released yet? Anyway, I will hold out and when it comes in, it comes in!!!! I think it will be worth the wait.

H2O, my thoughts exactly. That's the radio I want.

Wonder if some other shop will get it and deliver before Boaters World?

Back
Top Bottom