Im leaving boston

I finally grew a pair and set my tent up. Free campimg! I slept great whoch was a greatest concern. Had a owl hooting near me for hours. Mosquitoes everywhere. A good night. I did bugspray my face w my glasses on, which did not work out at all!

Attachments

• CEB9B3DD-0463-481F-BFF7-DA49A204D7C3.jpeg
    CEB9B3DD-0463-481F-BFF7-DA49A204D7C3.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 54
  • A1A831D2-A670-458A-94C9-54AF034B87CD.jpeg
    A1A831D2-A670-458A-94C9-54AF034B87CD.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 53
Thats a nice looking tent.
Camping is the cheapest way to go for the long haul.
Thanks. Yea, if i want to stay gone for a while ill have to camp a whole lot more. Motels, food and gas are more costly than last year. I didnt realize how much of a dent it would make in my wallet. So, campsites until i stink too bad!

Thanks. Yea, if i want to stay gone for a while ill have to camp a whole lot more. Motels, food and gas are more costly than last year. I didnt realize how much of a dent it would make in my wallet. So, campsites until i stink too bad!
so, you have no idea where your camping tonight? A little planning ahead and I bet you could find a campground with shower of even a spot on a lake or reservoir.

Yup, lots of state parks w/showers and that's usually my target. Well, give or take the showers. Every state is different in how they construct their state parks but once you're in that state and see one, they usually are all similar. Lot's of online sites and some apps to help you pick out other parks.

so, you have no idea where your camping tonight? A little planning ahead and I bet you could find a campground with shower of even a spot on a lake or reservoir.
Ill look later in the day. Heading for fredricksville, which is near meridian and really dont care if i make it today.
Yup, lots of state parks w/showers and that's usually my target. Well, give or take the showers. Every state is different in how they construct their state parks but once you're in that state and see one, they usually are all similar. Lot's of online sites and some apps to help you pick out other parks.
Thank you. Trying to plan as little as possible!

Ill look later in the day. Heading for fredricksville, which is near meridian and really dont care if i make it today.

Thank you. Trying to plan as little as possible!
If you make it to Kerrville, good camping at Kerrville-Shcreiner park next to the river, good showers, firewood, close to town. I typically camp on the side where the office is.

If you make it to Kerrville, good camping at Kerrville-Shcreiner park next to the river, good showers, firewood, close to town. I typically camp on the side where the office is.

Thanks. Maybe tmorrow. Im on the lone star highway, which should never be confused w the lone lane highway. Seven friggin lanes! Im looking dfor a better way. This sucks.
im about 125 mi east of austin.

I woke up this morning and asked a local cop where i should go! I sort of figure it out in the morning over coffee
sometimes a campground can be very rewarding. It's not always about the ride. I usually don't go KOA but last year with all the restrictions I stayed at one. 3 adventure bike rode in, sat around the campfire telling stories ( great time) and the even had a free pancakes and bacon/sausage breakfast in the morning. Not having a destination and at least 1 or 2 alternatives is how you get stuck paying for expensive motels. I plan my trips with destinations and a what if and if all else fails I will find a motel.

Where are you going? Don't see your destination anywhere in this thread unless I missed it.
Its more about time and money, than destination. I do plan to meet my new grand daughter and see my kids in pagosa springs co., and a bike meet in meridian tx. Other than that, wherever i want. Dont have to b back in boston till 6/5. Ive never seen the pacific or a desert. Id like to see them.
I had been wondering the same thing as I followed this adventure. Once you hit the Pacific, is it 'tag, you're it' and pointing yourself east again?

The Pacific Coast Highway, especially in the northern California section that includes Big Sur is worth the diversion IMO. Recent landslide at Rat Creek which closed a significant portion should be open by April 30th if you're so inclined.

You're reminding me of my 93 adventure from Vermont and back again on my 1100. :) Only you've got the internet and hundreds (dozens?) of fans cheering you on and lending advice all along the way. I had newspapers.

I had been wondering the same thing as I followed this adventure. Once you hit the Pacific, is it 'tag, you're it' and pointing yourself east again?

The Pacific Coast Highway, especially in the northern California section that includes Big Sur is worth the diversion IMO. Recent landslide at Rat Creek which closed a significant portion should be open by April 30th if you're so inclined.

You're reminding me of my 93 adventure from Vermont and back again on my 1100. :) Only you've got the internet and hundreds (dozens?) of fans cheering you on and lending advice all along the way. I had newspapers.
Im not sure. I have three things id like to get done. Medina stoc, a friend in nm for a day and meeting my new grand daughter in pagosa springs. Even tho that is the order things will b, the kid is the top! After that, its about the $$
I am unaware of the hundreds and dozens but thank you for enlarging my ego, which really, really is a bad idea!
Ive been pondering montana as i am riding today, but the days ride is pretty much determined ofer coffee in the morning.
also, i get a little choked up when i think of all the advice ive recieved freely from stowners group and new england touring club. Without u guys, id b twice the bumbling fool than i am now, and i do apperciate it and hope to pass on what you all have taught me.

Gotta say, I envy you in the worst way right now! Find the cheap or free campsites, often with no or primitive facilities, do that for 2-3 days, then splurge for a KOA with a proper shower. Hand wash the skivvies and socks if you have to. Do load of laundry at the KOA. Canned refried beans, tuna, peanut butter, etc. can get you at least one meal a day where you aren't eating out. Eggs, from a farm, not a store, will keep without refrigeration. Stay on the road as long as you can. RT

Gotta say, I envy you in the worst way right now! Find the cheap or free campsites, often with no or primitive facilities, do that for 2-3 days, then splurge for a KOA with a proper shower. Hand wash the skivvies and socks if you have to. Do load of laundry at the KOA. Canned refried beans, tuna, peanut butter, etc. can get you at least one meal a day where you aren't eating out. Eggs, from a farm, not a store, will keep without refrigeration. Stay on the road as long as you can. RT
Im supposed to wash my skivvies? Nuts!

Ask yourself if you will be out that way again? Montana and Wyoming are beautiful. I never understood the term Big Sky until I went there. Might as well do Idaho while there and .. maybe wait until you’ve had a 3 coffee morning.

Ask yourself if you will be out that way again? Montana and Wyoming are beautiful. I never understood the term Big Sky until I went there. Might as well do Idaho while there and .. maybe wait until you’ve had a 3 coffee morning.
Hopefully in the fall. I plan on getting a few miles on my ride this year. But, im thinking about going north before i go east this trip too. Im diggin this trip!

Well, some of you were right. I spent an hour trying for a camp site and struck out totally. Im in austin and staying in a motel, which i really didnt want to do. So, while im here, because i stink a bit, im gonna do some sink laundry and recharge everything. Im pondering going to medina and setting up a trnt and doing a few loops while i wait for the meet to arrive.
it was a good day riding today tho! Hit em all. Backroads, state roads, state highways and interstates. Got soup to nuts.

Back
Top Bottom