Lost Parking spot need cover recommendations

FGrella

07 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Well after 2 ? months I lost my parking spot under the awning in front of the administration building across from the main hospital. Got the word from my boss today that the CEO wants my bike moved. Funny he has his own personal reserved spot for his Porsche Boxster. Anyway, come to find out that about 25 hospital employees sent a partition to administration asking for a motorcycle parking area under the lights and under the surveillance camera?s at the hospital, since many of them work the evening and night shift. Its all fine, but since now my ST will be out in the direct sunlight I?m a little bit worried about the instrument panel getting Sun washed. Those of you who leave your bike out in the warmer sunny climates do you bother with a cover? If you do, do you have any recommendations?

Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
I got a simple cover (XL) for $14.99 at the local Cycle Gear Store (you could probably get the same thing online) during their Grand Opening sale in my area.
It might be a little more expensive, but you should be able to get a decent cover for less than $40. A cover will keep the the bike cleaner as well. I keep mine covered at work and it seems to keep the leaves/dust out.

Last edited:
Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
I usually just chuck my jacket over the windshield, covers up the helmet, gloves, dash, gps and part of the tank bag.
Know how you feel after many moons we had to move our bikes to a less protected area instead of out of the way next to the building.
VPs have parking at front door with a rubber mat on the parking lot so they don't get dirt on their shoes.:rolleyes:

Bike
2013 GL 1800
STOC #
after 22 years of having covered parking 2 months ago we moved to a brand new complex. And like you everything is outside. I bought short light weight cover, I think "covermax" which rolls up easy and covers the front. the IP, tank, seat, and bags.
Sonny

Kewaneh

Where are we?
Bike
2006 ST1300
... Those of you who leave your bike out in the warmer sunny climates do you bother with a cover? If you do, do you have any recommendations?
Like you, I used to have covered parking. Then our office moved and I lost the cover. Where I park now is next to an adjacent building with a very light colored, very reflective wall. Between the sun, the white concrete, and the reflection off the wall, my bike gets it from all sides. In the summer, the temps go up above 100? for weeks at a time. The sun cooks everything. I can't do much about the heat, but I can cover the bike from the UV rays. A cover was the only way to go and I use it daily.

(Can you find the ST in this picture?)

I got a simple cover (XL) for $14.99 at the local Cycle Gear Store.... A cover will keep the the bike cleaner as well. I keep mine covered at work and it seems to keep the leaves/dust out.
I also got mine a Cycle Gear a few years ago. I can't remember the brand (Dowco?), but it was fairly inexpensive; about $25 if I remember right. It's held up pretty well (with a few exceptions) although the sun has faded it. Along with keeping the dust off of it while it's parked, it also keeps people from sitting on it.

- Kewaneh

Last edited:
Bike
ST 1300
STOC #
I/m going to store my '08 ST from Dec. to probably March on my patio which has a roof but is open to the Michigan weather on two sides. I've seen comments regarding covers and have looked at the Nelson Rigg Defender 2000 on newenough.com website. Has anyone had experience with this particular model and if so, please share your comments. Thanks.

Topgun

STOC #
Get a NelsonRiggs 1/2 cover XL works great. Go the newenough.com, they'll get you a good price as well.
EJ
I have the exact same cover and it works fantastic. I use it every weekday at work, about 1 and 1/2 years so far, and it is holding up great. It fits down under the corners of the sidebags with my Hondaline trunk on and the stock shield. Unless the winds are really kicking up, I don't bother to use and of the hold downs except the one on the nose, behind the forks.

I got mine direct from Nelson-Rigg as they didn't charge me tax or shipping so the price was cheaper that pretty much anywhere else I found at the time.

Critters

Retired Black Rat
Bike
Red 2003 ST1300
STOC #
Get all the motorcyclists to conatct your CEO and ask for dedicated motorcycle parking, you mentioned yourself, he has a space.

At our office pedal cyclists and car drivers had parking provided with the motorcyclists getting the cr@p end of the deal with everyone trying to find little spaces until a car driver backed into a motorcycle which was parked in a space. The motorcyclist mentioned the word solicitor and mentioned the fact there were no dedicated bike spaces and was seeking compensation and as a result we now have 6 spaces which are dedicated for bikes, much to the car drivers annoyance.

OP
OP

FGrella

07 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Get all the motorcyclists to conatct your CEO and ask for dedicated motorcycle parking, you mentioned yourself, he has a space.

At our office pedal cyclists and car drivers had parking provided with the motorcyclists getting the cr@p end of the deal with everyone trying to find little spaces until a car driver backed into a motorcycle which was parked in a space. The motorcyclist mentioned the word solicitor and mentioned the fact there were no dedicated bike spaces and was seeking compensation and as a result we now have 6 spaces which are dedicated for bikes, much to the car drivers annoyance.
They are going to do that but I'm not sure I'd use it since its going to be away from my building but under the lights and video camera's. They have to accommodate everyone and the majority work in the main hospital not the administration building. Either way its going to be outside in the elements.

Top Bottom